Univar is more than a distribution company – we’re a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the world’s most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $8+ billion in sales in 2016 – securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people – people like you – and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If you’re looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, you’ve come to the right place.
We invite you to join our team as a Sales Account Manager.
- Builds profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employs a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance Univar USA’s position within each corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar targets
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer
- Responsible for setting pricing and service levels, as well as maintaining and coordinating customer quotations or providing necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
- Responsible for coordination with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar USA employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Serves as initial contact for international chemicaldistribution opportunities.
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer entertainment
- Commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales Position with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous IndustrialSalesExperience
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling