Assistant Vice President- Accounting & Financial Services - Full Time
At Bozzuto, it’s all about experience. Whether it’s the experience you bring, gain or give, we want your journey to be exceptional. Guided by our core values of creativity, concern, passion and the pursuit of perfection, we’ve been creating inspiring, engaging and vibrant communities for three decades.
Why do we do it? Because home is where aspirations are pursued and memories unfold. We believe in the power to impact the lives of the people we touch through the delivery of extraordinary experiences.
Bozzuto Management Company, who manages an institutionally owned real estate portfolio valued at over nine billion dollars, is seeking an AVP of Accounting & Financial Services. You will architect and foster high performing teams, processes and infrastructure/systems needed to support growth and scalability. You will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, to include internal controls applicable to risk management and business intelligence.
As an Assistant Vice President (AVP), your primary responsibilities include:
- Direct implementation, evaluation, and professional development initiatives for all functions related to the execution of accounting services at Bozzuto Management Company.
- Maximize operational financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions and liaison/partner with operations to improve financialreporting and financial performance of properties.
- Ensure the timely completion of financial statement to owners.
- Assist with streamline the property management accounting function.
- Ensure effective financial and operational controls are in place.
- Ensure smooth transition from development/construction to operational managed property.
- Year-End Audit and Tax Return Point Person.
- Contribute to the budget process and monthly reforecast for the Bozzuto Management Company corporate entity.
- Establish accounting and finance operational strategies by monitoring and evaluating trends; establish and manage critical metrics for productivity and quality; procure resources; resolve problems and facilitate change.
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships with clients and vendors.
- Ensure execution of services yields consistently strong client satisfaction.
- Ensure services provided by department build value for the client through ongoing proactive communication with clients and ownership groups.
- Lead and manage large a property accounting team to include 3 director level reports.
- Effectively leverages talent on the team, promoting from within while supplementing with external talent that exemplifies the Bozzuto culture.
- Leverages a succession plan to develop talent and anticipates needs.
- Actively participates in the hiring process.
- Empowers managers to work collaboratively to accomplish business goals and establish best practices.
- Manages performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Graduate Degree and/or CPApreferred
- Minimum of 7years management experience, with a total of 10+ years accounting experience. Multi-family or mixed use real estate accounting experiencerequired.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting and financialreporting software and sound management principles.
- Track record of successfully growing, developing and leading a large team of direct and indirect reports.
- Public accounting/auditexperiencepreferred
- Management experience in owner/investor relations
- Proficiency in Yardi and real estate finance and accounting software systems.
- Client Focus
- Decision Quality Excellence
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Client/Stakeholder Communication
- Drive For Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Hiring and Staffing