At Accusoft we take a Quality Assistance approach to building quality software solutions. Quality Assistance emphasizes educating, inspiring, empowering, and facilitating a mindset that places the responsibility of quality on the whole team during the full development process. The Sr. QA Analyst will provide, among other things, hands-on testing, risk analysis, and various types of testing education services to assist the product group they work primarily with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach team members new/better/different testing approaches
- Sets up environments/servers for testing needs
- Propose/write/define appropriate test plans
- Write automated tests
- Contributes to conversations, identifies opportunities, is concise, fosters understanding, and advocates for end user
- Writes detailed and accurate test cases that are relevant to the feature being tested
- Assess risk and perform bug scoring
- Understand and actively participate in grooming/planning sessions (i.e. provides opinions/thoughts)
- Puts quality of the product above finding defects
- Manually test web and desktop applications
- Thoroughly and accurately document identified bugs in a timely manner
- Thoroughly and accurately recording all test results
- Write clear and concise acceptance criteria/descriptions
- Works independently and successfully in unsupervised work environments and is capable of making sound business decisions consistently, without supervisors' guidance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands more complex testing concepts, has the ability to explain them well, and fosters buy-in and builds consensus around these testing concepts
- Ability to work with multiple teams / people at a time
- Experienced Automation Tester
- Experience with performance &/or security testing and how it can/should be applied to a given product (one or both)
- Able to analyze work from multiple perspectives
- Understands unit tests and unit testing best practices and shares advice to the team(s)
- Ability to understand and execute a wide variety of software testing methodologies to best fulfill all of the testing needs for the work given
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly, with and without all the information available
- Ability to read and understand code
- Detail oriented
- Learns and demonstrates familiarity and knowledge of products
- Desire and ability to take a concept/task and independently create and execute on it
- Driven and motivated to explore all options in order to learn and help the team
- Essential team player: supportive, collaborative, productive, team over self, high integrity
This job has no formal supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, but may mentor interns, temporary employees and may also supervise QA activities conducted by non-QA employees.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BachelorDegree; Four plus years of real industry experience in software quality assurance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Accusoft provides a full spectrum of viewing, document, content and imaging solutions. With its broad range of solutions, Accusoft is committed to deliver best-in-class, enterprise grade and fully supported applications. Accusoft products work reliably behind the scenes and in the forefront for capturing, processing, storing and viewing images, documents and more.