The Senior Web Developer is responsible for developing, integrating, implementing and maintaining the School’s website, and providing support for internally developed microsites and web-based applications. The Web Developer will be instrumental in building the next generation of SAIC’s web site. The selected candidate will be responsible to plan, design, program, build, develop and maintain The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) web architecture.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and support of the Drupal infrastructure for the main SAIC website
- Coordinate with othertechnology support departments to integrate dynamic content from various online services into the SAIC website
- Coordinate with Web Services, Marketing and Communication, and other SAIC departments on developing overall web strategy and architecture.
- Development of internal and constituent websites and web-based applications.
- Acts as support for web applications, including but not limited to Drupal, Terminal 4 and Wordpress
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience with Drupal and other content management systems
- Experience with Wordpress
- Ability to code using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of MySQL and PHP
- Ability to design, build test and document web-based applications and supporting back-end systems
- Experience with responsive design, cross-browser support, and in-browser debugging
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with people and within a team, including effective interpersonal communication and persuasion skills
- Must demonstrate ability to manage details, efficient work habits, and overall flexibility