Invaluable, the world’s largest online live auction marketplace is rapidly disrupting the traditional auction industry by bringing millions of passionate bidders and buyers to the virtual doorstep of auction houses around the world. Featuring an industry-leading live online bidding platform, Invaluable allows consumers to bid in real-time in the world’s premier auctions from their home, office or mobile device.
As the leading developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable provides auctioneers with marketing and e-commerce solutions across Invaluable and AuctionZip web properties, as well as access to RFC Systems, the company’s auction management software. Invaluable’s best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded in 1989 in Boston, Invaluable also has offices in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
Invaluable is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to be a good team player in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work on a range of services powering web and mobile applications that enable people to participate in live auctions from their computer or mobile devices. You’ll work with a team of back-end, front-end, QA and DevOps engineers to design, create, test and deploy applications that drive Invaluable’s customer-facing online properties and integrate with leading auction houses and other partners.
- Develop services and applications using Java with the Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, etc.) and Hibernate
- Create application requirements and project documentation
- Be involved in team architectural discussions
- Solve complex problems, create object models, define APIs, build web services, etc.
- Work in an iterative/agile development environment
- Quickly transition through two-week production release cycles
- Work directly with others (developers and internal stakeholders) to develop a solid understanding of the business application and requirements for which the application is being designed
- Assist otherdevelopers with questions regarding the functionality of applications
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills, and education:
- 6+ years of experience in application development using Java and Spring
- Designed and built complex SaaS applications in a service oriented architecture
- Understands and can apply object-oriented design and design patterns
- Experience designing and building RESTful web services
- A broad understanding of unit and integration testing as part of a full software development life cycle
- Understands traditional relational data models and how they map to object models. Should be comfortable working with SQL and exhibit good database design skills
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills
- Java 8 features (streams, lambdas, fluent-style programming, etc.)
- Reactive patterns
- Microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Understanding of security implications in application development
- Docker and experienceworking with DevOps
- In-memory data structure stores or databases (such as Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- AWS or other cloud development and deployment
- Has used other open source tools such as JUnit, Maven, Ant, Continuous Integration Tools (Hudson, Jenkins), etc.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to build great software with great technology
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 401k match
- Employer paid generous medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation, Generous Holidays and summer Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages and a weekly catered lunch
- A casual office that values work/life balance