The position of Senior Vice President (SVP) is created to provide management support of operational and clinical aspects of an Operating Unit. The SVP shares the responsibility for Operating Unit oversight of profit, loss and delivery of services for assigned contracts within a designated service line. The position reports to the respective physician designated by Company (“Company’s Designee”), who shall initially hold the position of EVP, and is responsible for providing executive clinical and business line leadership, direction, decision-making and oversight for clinical operations, related to the fulfillment of contracts with client hospitals. The SVP shall report to the EVP or Company’s Designee information pertinent to the practices and professional elements of the clinical services within the Operating Unit and the respective service line.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The SVP’s most essential function is to be jointly accountable for profitability of specific hospital/system contracts, client retention and price adjustment of contracts with the VP of Operations in the Operating Unit.
- Evaluate provider compensation and hours of coverage at their sites.
- The SVP will have the authority to hire and fire providers, including regional and site medical directors at their sites.
- Actively participate in the development of new business within the Operating Unit. Assist Business Development as needed by participating in business development meetings, providing required specialty-specific information, identifying target providers within and outside of local market, obtaining and disseminating pertinent information, or serving as key contact in current facilities or offices related to cross-selling or expansion of services
- Interact with the Operating Unit’s Director/Manager of Finance who has responsibility for conducting financial analysis as it relates to assigned clients.
- Provide input and assist with preparation on annual operation budget, goals and objectives.
- The SVP will participate in Strategic Planning goals as they relate to the Operating Unit and their facilities.
- The SVP will establish working relationships with the Operating Unit, VP’s / Directors of Operations, and the VP’s / Directors of Clinical Services of Envision Physician Services in their respective areas.