The manager - Innovative Solutions - manages a team of analysts and developers. He/She is responsible for people development, resource planning to staff various projects (mainly agile). He/She will be leveraging best practices and will be promoting continuous improvement of methods and tools used. Intensive collaboration with the IT business relationship function, architecture team, and PMO to support shaping, prioritization and scheduling of application projects is required. He/She will have budget responsibility for this group.
Essential Responsibilities: (essential functions of this position include, but not limited to)
People Management Skills
- Is a strong people manager being able to manage a team up to 15 people.
- Is a strong team coach and developer who enables his/her team to become self-managed, with a strong team spirit. Develops a team that holds each other accountable for high standards.
- Understands HR processes like objectives setting processes and Individual Development Plan development.
- Creates a learning organization. Ensures training plans are developed :develops the right skill mix both from a soft skill as from a technology mix perspective.
- Ensures his/her team develops communication skills to ensure inter-team and intra-team communication.
- Ensures the team is mentored and coached in the agile methodology and principles and understands the agile goals.
- Needs to have strong vendor relationship skills and develops his team in the same.
Resource and Capacity Management
- Ensures proper communication and coordination with leaders of other IT groups
- Works with the business relationship managers to understand the demand portfolio for the specific agile factory
- Surfaces and proactively resolves priority conflicts between projects initiated by different business, application and infrastructure groups.
- Works with scrummasters to ensure that agile projects are properly staffed and surfaces IT resource conflicts and works to resolve them.
- Works with peers in other factories to secure resources for agile projects in support of the scrummaster for his/her area.
- Ensures that the agile projects meet the business requirements but also continue to fit corporate IT architecture and strategy.
- Ensures that the application architect manages the lifecycle of the various platforms in close collaboration with the (extended) architecture teams.
- Drives the spirit of 'continuous' improvement in factory tools, methods and standards :
- Develops concepts of pair programming to increase code maintainability, reduce bug rates and builds re-usable objects.
- Ensures proper processes are applied to turnover to production
*Strong people manager / Agile thinker that embraces a culture where people are collaborative, self-engaged and communicate well
*In terms of managerial skills, the manager needs to
- Understand budget management
- Able to build and develop new teams – able to identify skill gaps and fill them
- Understand Capacity and Resource Management
- Understand Vendor Management
- Business Intelligence (SAP HANA BI / Salesforce)
- Work with the application architect to develop an application roadmap
* The Manager needs to have a good understanding of IT processes (application space). Able to set-up Support Models and Manage the support processes
*Good understanding of the agile project methodology
*He/She needs to be a positive, creative and innovative personality
*He/She needs to be able to work in a global context, sensitive for different cultures and able to bring them together.
- 4 yr. University degreerequired
- 10+ years work experience
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Strong in coaching and people development
- Understanding of HR processes like objective setting and employee development
- Strong in vendor management skills, consulting and negotiating skills
- Ability to direct efforts of others in remote locations in different time zones
- Proven skills in conflict management
- Experience with budgeting
- Skills in Excel /Word / Powerpoint / MSProject
- Strong decision maker, excellent in follow-up, organizing and planning
- Technical background in different IT technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to communicate in otherlanguages relevant for the region is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot difficult problems under time constraints
- Communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Analytical and logical sense
- Conceptual thinking
- Demonstrates Tenneco values
- Prepare to travel up to 30%
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
Tracking Code 178101-846