In the role of Technical Service Engineer supporting our Teknor Color division you will be responsible for providing technical support to sales representatives and customers related to plastic material, specifically in making material recommendations for color concentrate formulations and problem solving process optimization. Travel to customer’s facility also required.
- Translate customer requirements into product requirements
- Develops formulations to meet customer product performance and processing requirements
- Provides direct technical support to customers with product recommendations, process troubleshooting, and process optimization
- Provides technical support to Sales and Marketing representatives
- Develops experimental plan, analyzes data and forms recommendations for product development
- Utilize computer based tools for product development and recommendations
- Supports customer complaint investigations and corrective action implementation
- Exercise good safety conduct in all working environments both on and off site in compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Four year degree or equivalent experience in a field of study such as chemistry, color science, or engineering.
- Position requires between 4-6 years of related technical service, lab management or color matching experience in the color concentrate industry. Entry-level candidates with background in color science and/or color theory will also be considered.
- Strong understanding of color theory and color matching, basic understanding of plastics processing helpful.