Let’s talk about building a rewarding career!
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines ofbusiness. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, tofamily legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA) operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Conversion Management Department Manager (Business Support Manager 3) is responsible for managing and providing effective leadership and guidance to the WFA Conversion Management team (~15 team members).
The Conversion Management team is responsible for the following activities:
- Managing conversion activities for both new and existing fully disclosed correspondent firms
- Managing deconversion activities for existing fully disclosed correspondent firms
- Managing and processing internal channel transfer requests
- Managing and processing First Clearing ad hoc requests
- Converting data from third party CRM systems into SmartStation Contact Management
The Conversion Management Department Manager will achieve success through effective management of the following key responsibilities:
- Building strong collaborative relationships with leaders in key partner groups including First Clearing, Operations, Technology, client firms (introducing broker-dealers), and external vendors
- Actively participating with the First Clearing Marketing and Sales department in the review and assessment of new correspondent firms, and participating in initial meetings with prospective clients.
- Providing project management, financial, business, and technical expertise to analyze and evaluate complex customer and vendor requirements/solutions which are large in scope, risk and complexity, and have business and system impacts.
- Working closely with business partners to clarify and define project requirements and business case(s).
- Effectively communicating with all stakeholders through one-on-one conversations, group discussions, and large scale presentations
- Ultimate responsibility for service delivery quality, adequate controls, and maintaining service level expectations for all functions
- Actively managing and mitigating risk through comprehensive mitigation planning and implementation and thorough management and escalation of issues and concerns. Ensuring regulatory compliance through effective operational and financial controls.
- Providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to the Conversion Management team to assist them in professional and personal development. Leading by example and taking personal responsibility for managing within the Wells Fargo corporate culture.
- Building a productive, highly engaged workforce by fostering an environment of trust, integrity, open two-way communication, personal accountability, and excellence.
- Proactively seeking feedback from key partners and team members to ensure continuous improvement
- Functioning as a trusted coordinator, facilitator, tackler and advocate; assembling the right partners to resolve escalated or complex issues.
- Collaborating across business units (channels) to build networks, ensure smooth integration of service delivery, and remove potential obstacles.
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Jobs Profile
- If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to theclosing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Due to a high volume of inquiries, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed may not receive a response
- Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status such as Optional Practical Training (OPT). Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 1+ year of management experience
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ Years’ experience in securities brokerage with broad based knowledge of the securities business and products.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, business operations or strategic planning.
- Deep knowledge of Operations, Risk Management, and correspondent clearing processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and effectively manage challenging assignments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, quality management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail; well organized and highly self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory, legal and compliance policies and industry standards, particularly as they relate to introducing broker-dealers.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Registration for FINRA Series 99 must be completed within 120 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.