PTS Service Engineer - Diesel Engines
About UsMercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Execution'. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks. Job OverviewThe Service Engineer serves as an active link between MBUSA (H.O., Regions, Engineering Services including QEC), Daimler AG (Technical Service, R&D, Quality Management, Plants) and retailing centers to provide information on and proactively assist with technical product issues pertaining to design, quality, service, diagnosis, and repair. Responsibilities include case and issue management, publication of technical information to the dealer network as well as providing advanced technical training as subject matter experts to internal and dealer personnel. A successful service engineer maintains and identifies the interdependencies between monetary expenses, legal risk, and brand expectations. The technical area of responsibilities may vary depending on business and corporate needs. Responsibilities
- Case Management -Works predominantly independently to provide technical support for individual cases to internal customers (MBUSA & Daimler) and our dealer network. Sets clear and reasonable expectations to ensure transparency and mutual accountability to fulfill individual service level. Provides escalation to management in circumstances where expectations are not fulfilled. Individual has discretion to advise replacement of major assemblies if required. Incumbent is expected to utilize MBUSA and Daimler IT Systems, such as PTSS/TIPS Case Module and XENTRY Portal (WIS/EPC, VeDoc) as well as diagnostic tools, such as Xentry Connect and has expert knowledge of advanced diagnostic tools (CANalyzer, CANape, Pico Scope, INCA, Monaco)
- Issue Management- Works predominantly independently to provide technical support for technical and quality related issues (multiple cases with same/similar customer complaint and potential root cause) to internal customers (MBUSA & Daimler) and our dealer network. Sets clear and reasonable expectations to ensure transparency and mutual accountability to fulfill individual service level. Understands when escalation to management of peers is warranted and usually does not require support from direct supervisor. Service Engineer provides with minimal guidance direction, structure and timely communication on said issues, involving all relevant stake holders and peers, including but not limited to dealership personnel, field organization, Daimler After-Sales Tech Support and RnD. In addition to 'Case Management', incumbent is expected to utilize MBUSA and Daimler IT Systems, such as TIMS and Tips Writer, Aqua and Cognos. Expert knowledge of quality management tools (Six Sigma, Ishikawa, Pareto, etc.) and data analysis via Excel (Pivot Tables and Charts), Tableau etc. is required.
- Information Sharing- Service Engineer fully understands and independently chooses most effective way to timely communicate technical issues and their respective resolution to his direct peers and the dealership network. Tools and systems used are Tips GI/LI, WIS, Xentry etc. Expert knowledge of effective story-telling required.
- Learn and Teach -Incumbent independently identifies learning fields and opportunities for self and others. Service Engineer accrues expert knowledge (internal/external training and self-studies) and/or achieves buy-in from other Daimler and external partners in providing training to self and others. Training curriculum is developed mainly independently or Service Engineer is the lead of a project team. The training is then provided to MBUSA and dealer network in a proactive manner. Individual is comfortable presenting in front of large audiences and in front of cameras (webinars etc.).
- Individual Projects -The individual identifies and works on far reaching projects as project lead, including securing funding. Projects will change how Daimler and/or MBUSA as a whole are doing business. Service Engineer understand how to achieve buy-in across multiple areas of responsibilities and has a structured approach to project management.
- Ensures and provides technical product support to all areas and departments within MBUSA by assisting in the resolution of any technical issues or questions which may arise on existing or upcoming vehicle systems and any other relevant systems; providing input on technical information systems and diagnostic systems. When required provide technical support for PR or test drive events.
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Engineering Must have 5 - 7 years (total) of experience in the following: Automotive-Retail Knowledge of retail processes and procedures, with emphasis in New and Pre-owned sales, accessories, service and parts. Automotive - Technical Knowledge of automotive technical information systems and repair/diagnostic procedures. Business - General Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization. Government Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, as it relates to the automotive industry. Risk Management Knowledge of fundamental business practices, concepts and techniques to protect and preserve assets and/or minimize/control loss, such as avoidance, loss prevention and reduction, retention, grouping of exposure units, and transfer. Should include knowledge of fidelity, surety, liability, property, and group related policies and coverages. Additional Information Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Requires valid driver’s license
Work Holidays when required
Work weekends when required EEO / Non-Discrimination Statement
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.