Christiana Care has the prestigious Magnet® designation with two acute care hospitals located in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware. U.S. News & World Report today named Christiana Care among America’s “Best Hospitals”, citing us as one of the Top 50 Hospitals in the nation both for the specialty of Gynecology and the specialty of Diabetes & Endocrinology.
U.S. News also lists us as a “high performing hospital” in 10 other specialties and ranks us No. 1 hospital in Delaware. The publication evaluated nearly 5,000 hospitals and Christiana Care was one of just 144 – or three percent – to make the list.
Christiana Care Health System is seeking a Nurse Manager to work at our Christiana Hospital within the Heart and Vascular Interventional Services Labs (Cardiac Cath, Vascular Interventional Radiology, and Electrophysiology Labs)
To assume 24 hour accountability and responsibility for excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care in the Heart and Vascular Interventional Labs within Christiana Care Health Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to adult and geriatric patients, including the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs.
• Assures compliance with regulatory and professional standards.
• Identifies priorities of management responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to delegate.
• Develops and maintains method to ensure patient satisfaction on assigned unit.
• Performs routine patient rounds to establish visibility, teamwork, and monitoring the level of care/practice.
• Remains cognizant of risk management issues, and takes appropriate measures to correct.
• Supports and communicates Department of Nursing and unit based PI initiatives.
• Manages nursing practice and care delivery in designated unit.
• Promotes the autonomy of the nursing staff, encouraging independent decision making and problem solving.
• Supports and maintains shared decision-making on unit.
• Sustains an environment on unit that supports excellence in clinical nursing practice and patient care through planning and implementation of programs that support positive patient care outcomes.
• Responsible for unit time schedule, allocating paid time off to meet staffing needs for the patients.
• Maintains position control in a cost-effective manner.
• Interviews and hires potential employees.
• Coaches, disciplines and evaluates staff according to CCHS policy.
• Maintains accurate employee files, including licensure of professional staff.
• Plans, holds and documents monthly staff meetings, communicating all appropriate information.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information.
• Identifies and monitors operational costs in an efficient manner.
• Responsible for developing the unit budget in collaboration with the Vice President
• Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relationships among departments to ensure effective quality patient care delivery.
• Demonstrates and promotes positive interpersonal communication skills all the time.
• Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• BSN required; and Master’s degree – must be able to complete within three years of start date
• RN License or license eligibility in the state of Delaware
• Professional certification in a related nursing specialty required.
• Must have at least Five years of appropriate clinical and leadership experience.
• BCLS/ACLS Certification required