Under general supervision, designs, develops, troubleshoots, and analyzes software programs for computer based systems. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. As required, provides inputs for documentation of new or existing programs. Primarily interfaces with intra-organizational staff with infrequent contact with inter-organizational staff and outside customers and vendors on routine matters.
- Primarily responsible for developing graphical user interface and Web browser software to support applications.
- Duties include developing graphical user interface software using, to include but not limited to, Java, Microsoft .Net, or web browsers.
- May also be assigned responsibilities related to the development of non-interface program component (e.g., Java Beans and other Java 2 Extended Edition components) and finding/fixing software "bugs" in existing code.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and two to four years of related experience.
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in software development/engineering, including software specification, design, implementation, test, and documentation.
- At least two (2) years' experience developing GUI software using the .NET system protocol OR at least two (2) years' experience in developing software using JAVA including J2EE.
- Familiarity with industry programming standards such as IEEE 12207.
- Familiarity with one or more Graphical User Interfaces (e.g., JAVA, .Net, etc.) is required. Languages include ANSI C, C++, C#- .Net. and JAVA. Experience with J2EE or .NET.
- Familiarity with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and familiar with development/implementation of development of interfaces for people with disabilities.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
Req #: 129661