MSHA expects that every team member will role model Patient-Centered Care behaviors and be guided by MSHA’s Values and the Principles of Patient–Centered Care. Every member of MSHA’s leadership team is accountable for coaching and monitoring reporting team members to ensure that the standards and initiatives of Patient-Centered Care are a living reality in their work units / Departments.
MSHA expects all team members to support the VOS initiative by demonstrating awareness of the VOS system and effectively applying it to his/her work.
Job duties of this position may require access to protected patient information (PHI). The team member will be accountable for appropriate use of the record and compliance with all confidentiality and security policy and procedures related to use, access, and disclosure of PHI.
MSHA expects all team members to comply with Federal civil rights laws and regulations. Team members will not discriminate, exclude people, or treat anyone differently because of age, race, color, national origin, national origin, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
RN is preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Health Care Administration or related field is desired; a Master’s degree is preferred. If a Registered Nurse, the requirements include: graduate of an accredited school of nursing and is currently licensed to practice as a Professional Nurse in the appropriate state. The position required a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare. Must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Budget planning and financial sound judgments
• Customer service skills
• Care Management experience
• Continuous performance improvement and outcome measures
• Experience with Managed Care contracts and Value-Based Payment Models
• Strategic planning
• Business planning
• Project Management experience and action plan implementation and follow through
• Population Health Management Principles
• Knowledge of nursing care management process – all phases assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
• Effective leadership skills for leading, coaching a multidisciplinary team
• Expert communication ability in writing and oral with all levels of employees, peers, physicians, and families
• Best Practice Procedures to minimize cost and maximize quality
• Possess critical thinking skills