- The Director, Clinical Programs performs functions necessary to provide successful development, oversight and management of clinical programs within assigned areas.
The Director, Clinical Programs is responsible for assisting with development, implementation, management and oversight of clinical programs as assigned. This includes day to day administrative and clinical operations. The Director is responsible for implementing clinically integrated approaches to care across clinical programs, aligning resources and ensuring no duplication in processes exist. The Director is accountable for compliance with all pertinent program specific standards, compliance with CMS Standards, and with local, state, and federal regulations. The Director is responsible for ensuring clinical processes are in alignment with the most up-to-date evidence based practices. The Director is accountable for practicing fiscal responsibility for developing annual operating budgets, conserving resources, and monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within budgeted parameters.
This position acts as a liaison to administrative leadership, physicians, nursing and clinical staff. The Director, is self-motivated and serves as a strong team leader, coach and role model. Works effectively in a manner to promote front line problem solving and empowering a healthy workplace consistent with established standards. Accountable for maintaining harmonious interactions with interdepartmental personnel and their customers, including patients, family members, physicians, physician office staff and community partners etc.
MSHA expects that every team member will role model Patient-Centered Care behaviors and be guided by MSHA’s Values and the Principles of Patient–Centered Care. Every member of MSHA’s leadership team is accountable for coaching and monitoring reporting team members to ensure that the standards and initiatives of Patient-Centered Care are a living reality in their work units / Departments.
MSHA expects all team members to support the VOS initiative by demonstrating awareness of the VOS system and effectively applying it to his/her work.
Job duties of this position may require access to protected patient information (PHI). The team member will be accountable for appropriate use of the record and compliance with all confidentiality and security policy and procedures related to use, access, and disclosure of PHI.
MSHA expects all team members to comply with Federal civil rights laws and regulations. Team members will not discriminate, exclude people, or treat anyone differently because of age, race, color, national origin, national origin, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position will report to the President/CEO of AnewCare Collaborative.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
RN is preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Health Care Administration or related field is desired; a Master’s degree is preferred. If a Registered Nurse, the requirements include: graduate of an accredited school of nursing and is currently licensed to practice as a Professional Nurse in the appropriate state. The position required a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare. Must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Budget planning and financial sound judgments
• Customer service skills
• Care Management experience
• Continuous performance improvement and outcome measures
• Experience with Managed Care contracts and Value-Based Payment Models
• Strategic planning
• Business planning
• Project Management experience and action plan implementation and follow through
• Population Health Management Principles
• Knowledge of nursing care management process – all phases assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
• Effective leadership skills for leading, coaching a multidisciplinary team
• Expert communication ability in writing and oral with all levels of employees, peers, physicians, and families
• Best Practice Procedures to minimize cost and maximize quality
• Possess critical thinking skills