Farmer Brothers Company Is looking for a Director of Human Resources. This position assists in Human Resources practice and policy creation and implementation, establishes objectives that support the execution of the Company’s operating plan, create employee engagement, and drive a performance culture that emphasizes teamwork, productivity, and individual development. The Director supervises Human Resources Business Partners and others as assigned, including a client population. The Director acts as a back-up to others in the department to provide flexibility in the deployment of functional coverage.
- Provide leadership and guidance across the organization with regard to overall Human Resource activities. Demonstrate the values of accountability, inclusion, collaboration, communication and integrity in actions.
- Participate in the strategy of the Company, regional practices, and the business priorities of the region; proactively interact with regional leaders and line partners/manager to strategically identify Company-wide Human Resources goals and objectives to ensure they are consistent with the business goals.
- Implements National Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices and ensure they are implemented successfully at all levels; oversee the regional execution of all general Human Resources programs including the following: performance management, training, employment law compliance, compensation and benefits administration, employee relations, and retention.
- Sets and interprets company policy, leads collective bargaining planning and negotiation, and advises on management practice. Provides expertise in the area of positive employee/labor relations, collective bargaining agreement interpretation/compliance /grievance handling etc.
- Provides coaching, negotiations, and counsel to employees and managers as appropriate to ensure clear communication and problem resolution. Ensures that management practices adhere to company policies and/or applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Develop the team responsible for “high touch” people experiences, such as integrated performance management, retention practices, employee issues, and general Human Resources programs for the region. Monitor/Conduct periodic branch and locationaudits to ensure management effectiveness, legal compliance, accurate and proper documentation (EEO/AA/ADA/FMLA/OSHA/ADEA/Files/HRIS/Job Descriptions/Regulatory Compliance) with policies and procedures, and all Federal and State employment laws.
- Partners withHR colleagues and internal clients to organize effectively, administer pay and benefits based on corporate guidelines. Recommends off-cycle salary adjustments in conjunction with Compensation & Benefits staff to ensure achievement of the company’s compensation objectives and competitive position in the marketplace.
- Actively participates in succession planning process, contributor/participant in employee survey deployment and follow-up to insure employee engagement and involvement. Creates and implements training as needed.
- Participate in the recruitment process as required to insure the acquisition of the best talent. Proactively identifies and guides the development of internal talent for key jobs company-wide. Assists in the promotions of qualified individuals. Active participant in Succession Planning process.
- Communicates with Benefits Team concerning benefits continuation/terminations; advise employees concerning benefits policies, procedures and applicable federal, state and local legislation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of increasingly responsible Human Resources leadership.
- 4+ years of Labor Negociation/Union experiencerequired.
- Solid and demonstrated ability to thrive in a culture that is collaborative, service-oriented, and consultative, preferably in CPG or Food Service-related environment.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of HR policies, procedures, as well as Federal & State regulations and background in staffing, employee relations, strategic planning, and training & development.
- Labor Negociation and Union experiencerequired.
- Operationally focused with ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required as well as the ability to conduct a high level of professionalism especially when dealing with complex issues or problems.
- Extensive experience managing, mentoring, coaching, and developing a team of HR practitioners across disparate geographies.
- Highly collaborative and action-oriented, with a leadership style characterized by strong influencing skills; someone who is a change agent who can build collaborative relationships across the region.
- Travelrequired up to 50%.