Provide strong vision, leadership and management to support global sales for Torsion Control Products through all facets of incoming and outgoing supply chain. Provide strong leadership and management to support operations in the area of the manufacturing process including production planning & scheduling, supply chain, logistics, purchasing, and inventory control. The position will implement and run SI&OP processes for Torsion Control and requires the skill and knowledge to bridge across all.
- Provide direct responsibility for assuring the master production schedule for the plant are achieved through effective and efficient coordination of raw materials, internal and external suppliers, production scheduling, and distribution (to either business unit warehouses, global distribution center warehouses or direct customer shipments)
- Develop and implement raw material and finish component inventory management models and contingencies for required flexibility in capacity to ensure appropriate levels of raw material through finish component to meet forecast levels such that service objectives are met, as well as targets for schedule attainment, inventory and manufacturing costs (cost, cash and service)
- Maintain right-sized flow day and inventory models for raw material, work-in-process and finished goods inventory
- Manage plants-level SI&OP to ensure a balance of supply, demand, and finished goods inventory to maximize key performance indicators of cost, cash and service
- Execute complete inventory strategy including understanding accurate inventory levels which maximizes OTD and reduce costs
- Collaborate with TCP team and Timken during the process of ERP implementation to outline and implement efficient business process for SC to support existing business and global growth.
- Drive the supply chain CI process through the application of lean thinking.
- Interact with order fulfillment and supply chain, including sourcing and purchasing, to ensure scheduling commitments can be met
- Partner with quality to reduce internal and external failures and develop root cause analysis
- Provide effective supplier management to meet supplier delivery goals and control raw material and work-in-process inventory levels
- Provide leadership, direction and accountability to associates including development of a high-performance team, talent & succession plan development, performance management, coaching, mentoring, training, and resource/business planning
- Ensure compliance with current Quality and Safety Standards
TECHNICAL & FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
• Leading and coaching skills, especially development and effective delegation
• Comprehensive supply chain experience (quality, commercial, and delivery)
• Comprehensive inventory management experience across global locations
• Knowledge/experience w/supplier systems, manufacturing, and customer systems
• Demonstrated skills in scheduling, planning and systems level problem solving
• Excellent PC & analytical skills
• Systemic thinking and process-oriented problem solving approach.
• Strong knowledge of SAP is required
• Strong independent thinking and ability to challenge and modify standard processes to suit new and different businesses supply chain(s) within existing global infrastructure
• Manufacturing/operations management experience preferred
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration AND 8 years of experience
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration AND 6 years of experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.