Agilent Technologies Services and Support Division is looking for an exceptional data scientist to join a newly formed Data Analytics team. Our team is responsible for providing analytical insights to business problems, modeling and predicting future performance, and providing prescriptive, actionable strategy to the organization.
As part of the team, you will need to be able to work with different groups within the organization to understand their processes, challenges and goals. Then understand the context of Agilent’s data to mine large data sets and distill your insights into visualizations that move people into action.
You should have experience operating in enterprise software suites (SAP or Oracle) to find and extract data as well as be strong with data visualization best practices to uncover trends and anomalies. You should be very experienced in data visualization platforms and proficient in analyzing large amounts of data. The role will require data to be extracted and analyzed from multiple sources to discover solutions to business problems.
You will leverage your expertise across a trifecta of mathematics, technology, and business acumen to translate marketing problems into an analysis project, and visualized business insights.
The primary responsibility for this position is to develop data models to help Agilent better understand its customers, and their needs to drive significant business growth. You will work closely with division leaders, software engineers, and our field employees around the world.
• Translate Services business problem statements into data analysis projects
• Provide dashboards that help District Managers more effectively manage their customers
• Propose new data models and visualization tools to more effectively spot trends and anomalies in large amounts of data
• Develop data models and machine learning algorithms for Agilent’s service business engagement model
• Effectively communicate the health of the business through data visualization tools
• Lead data analysis projects to satisfy the needs of product marketing
• Provide management updates and status reports of business trends and anomalies
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Data Science, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics
• 5+ years in statistical analysis, predictive and prescriptive analytics/modeling, time series analysis, and machine learning
• Experience with data visualization software. (SAP Lumra, Qlik)
• Experience with R, Hadoop, Python, SQL, SAP Hana (In-Memory Computing)
• 5+ years of experience working in an analytical, strategic, data scientist role
• 5+ years in statistical analysis, predictive analytics/modeling, time series analysis, and machine learning
• Demonstrated ability to translate strategy business problems into analytical models and recommendation/decision engines
• Demonstrated translate business process, and coalesce user stories into simulation models to optimize performance and business results
• Strong creative problem solving abilities
• Strong data visualization skills
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Experience working with international teams
• Ability to travel 10%