Public Affairs Specialist / Coordinator / Analyst
Implement comprehensive public affairs and local government relations program throughout Aera’s Fresno County operating region; ensure positive relationships with local elected officials and key community stakeholders; develop and implement public affairs strategies to advance Aera’s goals, programs, policies and operations; provide leadership and public affairs oversight for Aera’s community investment initiatives and emergency response programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key community leaders and elected officials
- Monitor local government proceedings and identify issues important to Aera and the oil industry
- Develop plans and strategy to manage issues that impact the industry
- Manage community engagement and stakeholder outreach for the Fresno region
- Serve as “day to day” Aera representative in the county at key community functions
- Provide updates to key officials and organizations, as appropriate
- Position Aera as an integral part of ongoing county activities and business
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for Aera to engage with key community stakeholders
- Coordinate site visits and host tours of local and county officials and other key stakeholders
- Recommend and coordinate local donations and community investments
- Serve as Aera’s media spokesperson for region
- Serve as member of Aera’s emergency response team
- With communications staff, write, update key messages, collateral materials
- Participate in regular field and department meetings, conference calls and face to face meetings as appropriate
The following skills are strongly desired:
- Demonstrated superior verbal, interpersonal, presentation, creative problem-solving, and written skills (writing samples required).
- Demonstrated leadership, direction setting, and strategy development skills.
- Outstanding analytic skills; ability to assimilate, assess, and articulate complex technical, community and/or political issues.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to see the big picture while managing component parts. Expertise in planning and budgeting.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse interests, points of view, and backgrounds.
- Ability to direct and support employee programs.
- Demonstrated success in detail-intensive work.
- Desire to thrive in a team and collaborative environment that fosters the company’s values and culture.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize issues, manage diversity and develop creative solutions to achieve results.
- Bachelor's degreerequired. Prefer degrees in Business Administration, Communications, Journalism or Political Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in public or government affairs, encompassing a broad base of public affairs functions. Experience extends to stakeholder engagement; internal and external communications and publications; media relations, and crisis communications; issues management; donations management; brand management; employee programs; and industry relations.
Tracking Code 611-367