The Chemours Fluoropolymers Business is seeking to hire a Key Account Manager in North America. The Chemours Industrial Resins Business is the global leader in sales of fluorine-based materials, marketed under such iconic brands as TeflonTM, VitonTM, KrytoxTM, NafionTM, and others.
The Key Account Manager manages a portfolio of direct and indirect customers. The position will be based in Wilmington, DE with customers throughout North America. The position will report to the North American Sales and Development Manager, and will require travel ± 50% of the time throughout North America.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Primarily responsible for selling fluoropolymer products to new accounts; expanding business sales to existing accounts; predicting and analyzing customer needs, values and trends in several market segments.
- Identifying new opportunities for existing and new products and offerings through interaction with potential Customers at all levels of the value chain.
- Managing all aspects of the selling process.
- Developing and implementing account plans, presenting and negotiating commercial offers based on marketing strategy
- Maintaining a pool of potential opportunities, prioritizing them for periodic review, and driving it to achieve revenue, profit and growth targets
- Promoting and selling product offerings through a deep knowledge of the product portfolio.
- Communicating product benefits and making appropriate recommendations, helping customers understand the potential uses for the products and the corresponding value for their organizations
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of employees from Technical Service, Operations, Marketing, and R&D to service customers with the high Chemours standard.
- Responsible for proper forecast collection and financial outlook submission linked to the CIBM process
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business.
- 5years (minimum) B2B SalesExperience in the chemicals or polymers industry.
- Ability to quickly understand and assimilate new technologies, products and processes
- Strong Business acumen
- Highly effective selling & negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Self-starter; independent achiever and highly motivated
- Results oriented: taking initiative, overcoming obstacles, finding creative solutions, demonstrating a track record of setting clear priorities and goals and delivering against them.
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Proficiency with Microsoft® OfficeTM tools (Word®, PowerPoint®, Excel®, Outlook®)
- Proficiency with salesforce.com CRM tools