We have been retained by a leading manufacturer of diversified flat steel products to find the best and brightest for a Quality Engineer role in Portage, In.
You will love the people, the company, the work, cost of living, compensation and quality of life.
Is this you?
Job: Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineer is responsible for product quality assessment and improvement. Works with Process Engineers, Operations management and employees to improve the product quality through standard practices, process control and understanding customer requirements. Works with Technical Service Engineers to evaluate, communicate and translate customer requirements to mill practices. Provides technical assistance and quality support to the Quality and Operations management group in Indiana.
We provide our employees with a safe, stable workplace where teamwork, attention to detail and quality customer service define our culture.
Responsible for product quality assessment and improvement. Works with Process Engineers, Operations management and employees to improve the product quality through standard practices, process control and understanding customer requirements. Works with Technical Service Engineers to evaluate, communicate and translate customer requirements to mill practices. Provides technical assistance and quality support to the Quality and Operations management group .
Position requires solid metallurgical skills and abilities to provide technical advice and direction to the organization.
1. Follows all Safety policies and SJP’s.
2. Ensures that all safety issues are addressed in a timely manner.
3. Ensures that technical standards and work instructions to insure product quality and NPS requirements are implemented and followed.
4. Must be trustworthy in all areas of profession and personal performance.
5. Ability to continuously improve the production processes.
6. Interface with the GM Quality as well as Technical Service Engineers to translate customer quality requirements to the mill, gather data and analyze any trials
7. Interface with the GM Quality and Applications Engineer to translate customer quality requirements to mill practices, routings and setups for satisfactory production.
8. Interface with the Operating Group, including Management, Process Engineers and hourly employees to make real time decisions on mill control, measurement and operating practices for satisfactory production.
9. Evaluate product quality of material at all stages, incoming product, internal production and disposition as prime, rework or reclass.
10. Observe and measure product quality at outside processing units as necessary to evaluate product quality and disposition product
11. Collect and analyze data for product (and process) quality improvement, communicate necessary changes to process, practices or measurement.
12. Perform other related work, as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum requirement is a B.S. degree or equivalent in metallurgical engineering or related materials science curriculum. Minimum experience level is 5+ years in a steel manufacturing or steel processing environment.
Good, solid foundation of technical knowledge, skills and abilities. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in written form. Ability to manipulate and analyze data, and make critical decisions.
Interested? Contact me via email with resume and salary requirements, at: . Please enter Code: THMLMKQA in the subject line. OR, if you know of a candidate who may be qualified for this role, pleaseshare this email.
Note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.