Marketing-Activation-Manager Job Description
The Marketing Activation Manager assists Divisions/Regions in attaining specific performance objectives.
Working with the appropriate Marketing Manager, the Division/Region executive and LOB management and local sales and service teammates, the Marketing Activation Manager leads to ensure consistent execution of corporate marketing tactics in the field.
- The position also consults with and supports the Marketing Manager in developing local market leadership plans and tactics to achieve specific objectives.
- In doing so, performs highly specialized and complex work with a team of marketing professionals:
- Leads projects and may coordinate and/or direct the work of others
- Defines marketing information data needs
- Performs opportunity and other analyses,
- Develops, leads, implements and monitors marketing programs and projects, including maximizing resources and budget
- Developing and distributing appropriate communications,
- Track and analyze results
- Assists other Marketing Services employees in the implementation of programs and initiatives for the different geographies and lines of business.
- The Marketing Activation Manager is responsible for invoice processing and record keeping.
Responsibilities and Primary Activities:
- No less than 10% on any one
- Assists in the development of, implementation and activation of division/region market leadership plans, including developing and building out initiatives, events and sponsorship activation that help achieve local performance objectives while leveraging consistent LOB marketing and brand strategies.
- Monitor cost/benefit and ROI of all such initiatives.
- Involves the understanding of and facility with marketingstrategy, advertising, sales promotion, research, and public relations disciplines, as well selecting and managing outside vendors.
- Is responsible for implementing tactics defined in Corporate Marketing plans and as directed by the Marketing Manager
- Is repsonsible for implementing tactics as defined in the Divisional Marketing Plans 50%
- Consults with division/region leadership in the evaluation, design,
- purchase and production of local media, advertising and collateral materials in partnership with Atlanta corporate marketing teammates.
- Evaluates and recommends decline or participation in local sponsorships less than $10,000.
- Responsible for implementation of local marketing tactics, including sponsorship, activation, advertising and collateral materials 30%.
- Coordinates efforts to ensure consistent execution of corporate promotion and product rollout/enhancement efforts at the division/region Level. This includes effective communication with division/region leadership and the field for maximum business goal impact 20%.
Position Scope & Impact:
- Works with one or more division/region leadership teams, as well as corporate marketing teammates, often performing as team leader.
- Decision-Making and Autonomy:
- Determines most effective use of marketing resources and budget to achieve best ROI.
- Must understand and collate several levels of context – enterprise-wide, division/region wide, local market – to adopt and champion the appropriate point of view.
- Leadership / Influencing / Negotiating / Persuading:
- Position is highly consultative in nature.
- Developing solutions, then recommending – and persuading as necessary – division and regional management to support.
Project or Program Management:
- Develops, leads and monitors marketing programs and projects involving multivaried marketing levers.
- Assists other Marketing employees in the implementation of programs, events and initiatives for the lines of business.
- Performs highly specialized and complex work with a team of marketing professionals.
- Works independently, leads projects and may manage the work of others.
Nature and Area of Impact, including Risk:
- Has substantial client and general public impact, particularly with sponsorships and events.
- Financial risk includes legal and compliance aspects, as well as budget impact of advertising and other fulfillment activities.
- 4years experience in marketing/marketing services
- Knowledge, Education, Certification, Licenses
- Some college; certificate in marketing/business
- Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills- Excel, PowerPoint.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelordegree in marketing/business
- Familiarity with data base marketing concepts, marketing information and analysis.
- Project management/event management & marketing activation experience