Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
• Provides strategic, consultative support to producers, clients and carriers; assisting with retention of existing accounts and bidding for new accounts.
• Utilizes broad knowledge of health and welfare employee benefits, specifically with large, self-funded accounts to instill confidence with decision maker through direct, independent interaction.
• Manages direct client relationship with Account Executive/Consultant involvement including coordination of client meetings and calls.
• Prepares financial analysis on claim data for health, dental, disability, life, and pharmacy from an underwriting perspective. Recognizing trends, credibility issues and cost drivers.
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of market products and maintains market relationships through negotiations with clients and carriers.
• Assists clients with federal and state law compliance and interpreting contractual language.
• Promotes timely resolution of client issues and provides daily customer service to accounts. Regularly involved in managing claims, eligibility, and billing issues.
• Supports team with management of databases, reports and project work. Maintains client files and documentation in agency management system.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Clear and effective communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a client-focused, team environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Ability to conduct presentation and speak to diverse groups.
• Functional responsibilities require thorough knowledge of federal and state benefit laws and practices and duties performed with little to no supervision.
• Demonstrated skill in health plan analysis and ability to translate/present recommendations to clients.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent career experience required.
• Current valid Life and Health licensure required; LTC license strongly desired.
• A minimum of five - seven (5-7) years of experience with underwriting, consulting, and/or carrier or a combination required. Particular focus and experience with major accounts and a strong understanding of various funding vehicles available to large employers (self fund, minimum premium etc.) required.
• Demonstrated strong relationship management experience with knowledge and experience in the area of benefit consultation, team management and strategic planning.
• Demonstrated experience with self-funded medical, pharmacy and ancillary coverages for large (500+ lives) groups required; 1,000+ lives strongly desired.
Job ID DUR00011