Requisition Number: 172319
As a member of the plant management team, provide technical leadership and direction to operations activities and support the plant goals / deliverables. Provides oral and written presentations as needed to operations leadership team. Provides root cause and failure analysis as required to improve operational reliability. Responsibility includes, however not limited to, facility / equipment / production systems maintenance, environmental, plant energy utilization, Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), local capital planning and deployment, and management of all major capital projects. Insures facility structure and infrastructure is maintained to meet or exceed the operational needs including but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, boiler and refrigeration systems. Maintains accurate and current drawings of plant floor and layouts. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Engineering with a dual reporting relationship to the Director of Operations assigned to this facility. Assists in developing long term Strategic Plans to effectively maintain and improve production performance and facility infrastructure. This position has no direct reports but works collaboratively with the maintenance, production, safety, QA, and environmental managers.
- Provide direction and leadership to maintenance technicians in regards to electrical, mechanical and refrigeration systems.
- Works collaboratively with Plant Management team and Sr. Director Engineering to develop technical strategies that deliver safety, environmental, energy, maintenance, and OEE.
- Develops and deploys overall plant technical strategies and tactics focused on operations, safety, energy usage, engineering projects, and maintenance improvement,
- Manages the day-to-day plant technical organization and is responsible to deliver maximum equipment / system uptime through the application of OEE
- Promotes and incorporates "Safety" as a culture and a strategy in all aspects of the technical and operations areas and demands focused results from the entire technical organization.
- Develops and leads plant specific engineering and maintenance strategies to achieve key performance goals.
- Creates, understands and strictly manages all plant technical expense budgets and works with the Sr. Director Engineering to deliver the capital budget.
This position requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering/technical discipline. In addition, 10 years’ minimum experience in plant engineering or project engineering/management; preferably in the food industry.
Manage/Participate in all Capital spending including major projects in excess of $15M annually. This position needs to have in-depth working knowledge of the plant CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), which is Maximo Maintenance, requires good communication skills and the ability to communicate to large groups on a regular basis.
This position must work with local / state / federal agencies, and corporate insurance / risk management and other agencies to ensure the facility meets/exceeds codes and/or policies. Must effectively communicate and work collaboratively within the plant and as required, across all facilities. Travel to vendors, training seminars, other plants, and to the corporate office for periodic technical strategy meetings and capital planning sessions is required.