The Automation Control Specialist provides configuration and development, support, and maintenance of a 24x7 real-time SCADA/DCS system for the company Operations Control Centers. This SCADA/DCS system allows operators to control and monitor mission critical process equipment throughout the terminal facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Automation team and be a part of implementation, integration, operation and security of SCADA/DCS systems.
- Daily interaction and coordination with other company departments such as electrical maintenance, instrumentation, operations, and engineering.
- General system administration responsibilities which include system backups, network documentation, database archiving, user accounts, and report creation.
- Troubleshoot and keep SCADA/DCS systems running at optimum level, maximizing system uptime.
- Maintain and create as needed, logic templates to perform automated functions, and create or modify HMI graphic screens
- SCADA/DCS system support and maintenance including system expansion, updates or patching.
- Responsible for supporting control center consoles that include: servers and workstations.
- Interface with control center operations personnel in supporting and enhancing systems.
- Learn facets of terminal operations and procedures affected by SCADA/DCS.
- Learn all facets of control system and perform work in an independent manner as well as in a team environment as the job requires.
- Scheduled on-call rotation for 24x7 support of the control center is required. Unscheduled 24x7 on-call support required during emergencies as needed.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to program/troubleshoot Rockwell/AB PLC programs using RSLogix
- Demonstrated ability to design HMI screens using GE Proficy ME
- Understanding of industry standard communication networks and protocols; (Fiber Optic, Ethernet, Modbus)
- Ability to read and understand P&ID and instrumentation loop diagrams
- Strong aptitude for developing, testing, and implementing SCADA/DCS system logic and HMI graphic screens
- Firm understanding of SCADA/DCS data gathering process including data protocols, logic configuration and end to end data checkout
- Working knowledge of Process Control industry standards/conventions used in field automation systems such as PID loops, safety interlocks, sequential processes, etc
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment, communicate well, and quickly troubleshoot problems, sometimes under a great deal of stress
- Proficiency with Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Excel, Word, Access)
- General knowledge of terminal and pipeline field equipment, such as rotating equipment (pumps, blowers, etc), variable frequency drives, motor operated valves, solenoid operated valves
- Experience configuring/troubleshooting transmitters (pressure, temperature, density, etc), 4-20 ma loops, radar tank gauging systems, low voltage control systems
- Familiarity with Boolean Logic gates and function blocks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system and industrial computers
- Primarily in an office environment with occasional requirement to work outdoors in the terminal
- Ability to perform physical requirements including standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, reaching, and climbing at project locations in order to inspect and troubleshoot equipment or collect information.
- Utilization of required PPE when in the terminal, such as FRC clothing, respirator, hard-hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc.
- At times may be required to lift up to 30 lbs to transport and install various computer and SCADA/DCS equipment