IS Business Partner (Technical and Design Services)
The IS Business Partner (ISBP) is a senior-level role within the IS Project Management Office who works directly with internal functional leaders to align business strategy with IS Technology Roadmap. This ISBP role will serve the Technical and Design services functional areas, focusing on standardizing and streamlining our engineering and design processes and application portfolio. The ISBP will also work withother IS PMO staff to compile the Enterprise Strategic Technology Roadmap and will consult with cross-functional project teams on project delivery.
The ISBP role will work to build relationships, whether in focused check-ins or as a partner during department strategy sessions. Your goal will be to attain “Trusted Advisor” status with your clients. You will work within a governance framework to review and prioritize projects and enhancements. You will prepare briefs and presentations for C-suite stakeholders on project value/impact and recommendations for project prioritization. You will work withother PMO leaders to prioritize backlog of projects and enhancements. You will direct project execution, contribute to project artifacts, consult with the Steering Committee, and facilitate pre-launch change management.
- Work directly with technical staff to translate business requirements and use cases into technical specifications and design
- Drive innovative and solution-oriented results, leveraging your understanding of client’s functional needs to consult and recommend technology features and functionality that maximize value
- Build deep understanding of business drivers and functional requirements before identifying technical solutions
- Work withother IT Leaders to build Enterprise Strategic Technology Roadmap
- Support project intake and demand governance, prepare projects for gate review and prioritization
- Direct project team during execution: contribute to project artifacts, consult with Steering Committee, and facilitate pre-launch change management.
- Travelrequired up to 25% of the time
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year University or College in Business Administration, Information Technology, Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience as a program manager, project manager, product manager or business relationship manager, solely accountable for delivery
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Development or Information Systems with a proven track record
- 5+ years’ experience in Technical and Design Services, with a proven track record of delivering technologies for those functions
- Process understanding in A/E/C Design Technology services. Familiarity with A/E/C software sector a plus
- Broad technical knowledge and equivalent functional business knowledge
- Solid analytical, problem solving and project management skills, including process mapping, workflow analysis and gap analysis skills.
- Strong organizational change management skills, ability to drive significant change without alienating people
- Ability to explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent listening, written and communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to build trusted relationships