Service Aftermarket Sales
Reporting to the Director of Service, the Service Sales Manager’s role is to generate and increase awareness of the Grundfos aftermarket business to increase market share; sell and preserve long term service agreements, and report specific business, market, and industry information.
The Service Sales Manager establishes and builds strong relationships with target decisions makers and serves as a value added resource. The Sales Service Manager can be deployed with a specific focus on a particular customer, set of customers, market segment, product group, or industry. Responsible for generating profitable Service sales, including all principal duties and responsibilities indicated below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
There will be no direct reports to this role. This role is expected to work in a matrix organization with strong collaboration across various sales segments and operations teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proven success in sales, preferably centrifugal and vertical turbine pumps or other rotating equipment.
2. Strong knowledge of pumps, pump hydraulics, pump systems, controls or rotating equipment and all aspects of operation, installation and maintenance.
3. Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
4. Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
6. Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information and make presentations
7. Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments
8. Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers, problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion.
9. Highly organized and focused on meeting goals and objectives, manage multiple priorities, and capable of working independently with a high degree of accuracy.
10. Proficiency in the use of SAP SD and ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, and product sizing software.
Education and Experience:
5-7 Years of sales/engineeringexperience in an aftermarket business environment is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Prolonged periods in a seated position in an office or in a vehicle. Uses a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job. Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time and occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
This position requires to travel 50% to 60% within California.