We are looking for motivated and learningagile individuals who can grow in a performance driven CommercialSalesOrganization. At Avanir, we believe the patient is everything and are dedicated to advancing medicines that can substantially improve the lives of patients and their loved ones.
What is a Neuroscience Area Manager (NAM) role?
It is a field-based, remote sales professional who is responsible for effectively applying promotional and selling strategies to expand Avanir’s business opportunities and deliver revenue in an assigned area and contribute to the achievement of the Company’s revenue goals. You will provide complex and technical information to ensure awareness and appropriate use of Avanir’s products to designated specialty physicians, medical group practices, hospitals and other health care professionals. This position is substantially important to the operation of our business, and requires the individual to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in carrying out the job responsibilities.
As a NAM, your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide current and comprehensive product and disease state information of the Neurology market to a broad audience of health care professionals while effectively communicating the clinical profile of Avanir’s products.
- Develop personal strategy for communicating with healthcare professionals within the company guidelines.
- Daily activities include: one-on-one sales presentations to targeted health care professionals including specialty physicians; arrangement of group selling programs; provide continuing education and value added services to a wide range of health care professionals; and analyze sales and market trends to effectively identify business opportunities.
To be a strong fit for the role, you will have:
- Two (2+) years of pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical salesexperience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven and documented track record of sales success in an environment requiring high accountability and maintaining a high level of performance
- Experience working independently with direct responsibility for all business in an assigned territory/area/region
- Experience with a CNS/Psychiatry/LTC related product(s) and specialty customers is strongly preferred
- Previous product launch and/or first-in-class experience is preferred
- Ability to travel % depending on territory assignment
- Ability to learn complex technical / scientific information and effectively communicates to a broad audience of health care professionals.
- Takes ownership and demonstrates an entrepreneurial approach in territory management.
- Demonstrates autonomy in decision making.
- Demonstrates the ability to cultivate new and existing relationships within an assigned area.
- Proactively identifies obstacles and responds by developing and implementing action plans to achieve challenging goals.
- Requires minimal supervision and direction.