DIRECTOR/VP OF OPERATIONS
AT M.D.C. HOLDINGS, INC.
Date Posted: 7/12/2017APPLYNot ready to Apply?
BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US!
Just like cement serves as the foundation of the homes we build, our employees are the foundation of our business. From the gifted architects who design our homes to the dedicated associates who sell them, our employees are talented, enthusiastic and driven to help us fulfill our mission: making the dream of home ownership a reality across the nation. We encourage a company culture that promotes the following basic tenants: Professionalism, teamwork, health and wellness and work-life balance.
If you have a passion for success, the desire to join a highlytalented organization and a calling to help people achieve their dream of homeownership, consider building a career with us!
We are seeking a Director/Vice President of Operations to join our Northern Colorado Division. The title for the position will be determined at the time of candidate selection based onexperience, skill-set, and qualifications, etc. This position will be responsible for intra-department operational management and direction for the division. This will include management and oversight on a divisional level for Construction, Customer Service/Warranty, and other operational areas.
- Responsible for overseeing and directing all construction and operation functions in conjunction with various other department leads for the division.
- Ultimate responsibility for staffing, evaluating, coaching and developing operational staff
- Lead division efforts for superior customer experience; Meet with buyers and manage any customer escalated items.
- Monitor market for product innovation and opportunities. Recommend any opportunities to executive management.
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring accuracy, quality and timelines of construction projects and settlements for the division.
- May oversee and recommend opportunities for the purchasing, architecture, customer service, operations and land acquisitions projects/functions and sales.
- Oversee and insure accurate and timely flow of information between all departments
- Monitor and oversee construction safety programs that create and assure safe working conditions, with strict adherence tosafety procedures, and meeting or exceeding OSHA standards.
- May maintain, improve, and monitor a comprehensive storm water management program meeting or exceeding standards and compliance prescribed by all governmental and regulatory agencies.
- Insure strict adherence to quality standards of construction and scopes of work by subcontract trades and suppliers as well as internal personnel.
The tools for success…
Minimum Requirements: Education: Bachelor Degree (or some college supplemented by extensive construction experience and management).
Experience: Minimum ten years construction/operational management experience. Experience with land development, contract administration, efficient production builder construction techniques and record keeping, knowledge of local, state and federal building regulations required.
Skill in: Requires strong managerial, organizational, analytical, negotiating, interpersonal, professional, technical, decision making and mathematical skills. Must have strong ability to read and understand constructionblueprints, site/subdivision, construction plans, plans profiles and plats. Requires knowledge of proper jobsite safety management.