Job ID: MH20171508-40823
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is toensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Workwith the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Ensure that all development activities utilize the best approaches from advanced product quality planning (APQP), system engineering (SE), program management (PMBOK), and lean design (DFSS) to ensure an efficient, high performance, rigorous development culture while considering the input of all internal and external customers. Utilize their emotional intelligence to lead, coach, and direct other engineers and technicians to accomplish project deliverables and strategic objectives, drive timely decision making, and develop a highly talented team. Serve as a role model supporting the division's mission and values.
- Provides guidance, direction, and performance feedback to a large group of technicians and engineers on moderately difficult challenges resulting in high impact tothe business.
- Assess the engineering value stream in their area of responsibility with input from key stakeholders. Initiate continuous improvement activities to create high quality and efficient processes. Improve planning, execution, and tracking methods to increase engineering process excellence. Increase the understanding and use of strategy deployment, kaizen, problem solving, and lessons learned.
- Coach, support, and motivate to ensure a high performing engineering team. Create and maintain development and succession plans for team members. Lead recruiting efforts to maintain team capabilities.
- Ensure hiring plans and staff development are aligned to overall capability and capacity strategy. Manage team budgets, schedules and resources to effectively meet business goals.
- Support technology growth in innovation identification, roadmap development, and proposal preparation.
- Set and promote high standards for quality and safety. Maintains selected Orbital ATK engineering processes and drives technical excellence by ensuring team output meets technical standards.
- Maintains knowledge of engineering best practices and technology innovations by attending industry events and educational activities. Serves as an independent reviewer in select product or technology areas.
- Represent and communicate Orbital ATK technical capabilities and technologies to internal and external customers. Present deliverables at program technical reviews, proposal reviews, or other technical meetings.
- Lead performance and compensation management activities for team members.
- Prepare, review, and approve cost estimates and written technical proposals. Manage cost and schedule for independent research or process improvement projects assigned to your team.
Experience in leading cross-functional project teams or engineering teams. Experience leading, developing, and reviewing team members
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.