Sierra Systems is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our dynamic team of Systems Implementation Specialists in Halifax, deploying complex integrated solutions for public and private sector clients in the Province of Nova Scotia.
In the role of Senior Business Analyst, you would work as part of a multidisciplinary project team to plan, design, develop and implement comprehensive business and IT solutions in response to client needs. Your knowledge of methods and techniques for business analysis and demonstrated skill in their application to solve business problems are your passion. You work effectively and efficiently, whether you are working independently, or as part of a team. You are adaptable and resourceful, and tailor your approach to fit different organizational cultures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for improvements to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the client toachieve business objectives.
- Lead the development and assessment of client requirements utilizing structured requirement development processes (gathering, analyzing, documenting and managing changes) to identify business priorities and recommending options)
- Provide proven expertise in business analysis to project teams that may be comprised of client personnel, Sierra Systems staff, and other business and IT professionals.
- Prepare project deliverables in accordance with best practices in business analysis and established project quality criteria.
- Prepare and present recommendations to client executives and senior managers, internal and external stakeholders, and Sierra Systems management.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- University or college degree in a computer science, business or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Must have five to ten years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- Must have experience in requirements gathering, gap analysis, documentation and assessments
- Must have experience in facilitation of various group sizes
- Ability to travel in Canada and the US as required for assignments.
- Experience working with provincial or municipal governments
- Consulting experience
- CBAP certification
- ITIL v3 certification
- Experience with IT Service Management
- Lean / 6 Sigma certification
Who we are
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia and founded in 1966, Sierra Systems is a top tier IT services and management consulting firm offering a full range of advisory services, systems integration, and managed application services.
With approximately 800 professionals across Canada, Sierra Systems has developed deep expertise in its targeted industries and has earned a reputation for delivering superior solutions that strengthen organizations’ operational performance.
Our unwavering commitment to our clients’ needs has allowed us to build long-term, trusting, and loyal relationships. It has given us the ability to set ambitious objectives for client projects and meet them time and time again with unparalleled speed and precision.
We offer a full range of management consulting, systems integration and managed services tailored to the unique needs of each industry in which we have deep expertise – including: Canadian government, justice, health, energy, and the commercial sector. We focus on delivering a boutique experience backed by the resources, deep knowledge, and expertise our 50-year heritage provides to tackle large scale projects.