Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Provides all activities related to the administration, operation, and support of the Oracle RDBMS.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Tests designed applications against current design and requirements.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with PL/SQL.
- Experience with both DDL and DML for relational databases.
- Experience with Erwin and/or similar RDBMS design tools.
Oracle Cert DBA
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Job ID 2017-30085