Technical Analyst I
Maintain regular communication with vendor representatives, primary end users, and peers.
• Engages other teams in completing work efforts
• Understands end-user workflows and processes.
• Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system(s).
• Investigate end users' preference while making build decisions
• Review and test updates to system(s) by executing test plans/scripts for end user acceptance and integrated testing
• Follow established department policies and procedures including change control processes for the system. • Basic understanding of ITIL processes with regard to build enhancement, and maintenance of application systems.
• Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users recommending and implementing corrective actions or solutions.
• Maintains comprehensive and accurate build, support and troubleshooting documentation for applications, databases, master files and batch jobs.
• Receives cross-training to ensure backup support for applicable applications.
• Responsible for timely management of all assignments, including ticket management and maintaining an up to date status in tracking system.
• Ability to estimate own work giving timelines for assignments or as part of a project.
• Works under the direction of more senior analysts.
• Other duties as assigned.
AssociateDegree or 2 years experience in Information Technologyrequired with no degree.
BLS is required for any RN, LPN, PCT, Patient Transporter or other direct patient care provider. Emergency Department, Intensive Care Units, PACU, Medical Emergency Team and Anesthesia require ACLS. Pediatrics, SICU, Emergency Department and Medical Emergency Team also require PALS.