A Creative Services Manager (CSM) leads the in-house creative team to produce all brand and creative materials and digital assets for Kaplan Professional Education. The manager is the lead creative person, establishing creative direction for all product lines and in charge of what ideas and concepts go forward. Ultimately responsible for upholding brand standards and the quality of all final creative work.
The CSM directs the activities and professional development of creative team members, including staff goal setting and performance reviews and taking corrective actions. The CSM identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities to facilitate individual and team development.
This position is the driving force for constant improvement in creative processes, ensuring that the department operates in an efficient, profitable manner.
- Establish creative direction for all product lines
- Ensuring that our creative product remains leading edge and ahead of our competition, and all brand guidelines are being met
- Ensuring that our high quality of creative and production is upheld, consistently setting high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Assume the role of lead designer on key product lines, managing multiple projects with creative teams, developing design concepts that meet the business objectives of the product lines, and that advance the brand strategy
- Take the leadership role in creation of sales proposals and presentations that are required to be completed in very short time frames
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs to ensure understanding of expectations and final deliverables.
- Write and present cohesive and persuasive rationales for campaign approaches
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects, reviewing and signing off on all new creative work
- Learn new skills and strategies from fellowworkers and other available resources to stay current
- Lead, manage, supervise, and inspire the creative teams with honesty and integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism in all areas
- Resolve individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills; the ability to work with Marketing Specialists to help them articulate their messages to their customers, translating them into identity and creative that is breakthrough and compelling
- Communicate, plan, and implement time-management for staff
- Superior understanding of advertising and marketing principles
- Assist Executive Leadership with proposals and presentations as requested
- Act as the point person for all creative requests coming from other departments
- BachelorDegree with a focus in Graphic Design or Copywriting
- 10 years' experience or demonstrated expertise in responsibility areas
- Must have Management in advertising agency or in-house creative department
- Must have experience with Adobe CC Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver), Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), HTML, Salesforce, Task Ray (training to be provided)
- Must be an expert in Adobe CC
- Must have strong inter-personal, problem-solving, and people management skills.
- Must have an ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing
- Must have strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Must have a strong initiative, work ethic, ability to manage a diverse team
- Knowledgeable about the principles of process improvement, including techniques such as LEAN
- Must possess Creativity, leadership qualities, and the ability to work well with others and inspire confidence.
- A willingness to take a larger creative workload when the team is overloaded, and to work whenever needed (ie nights/weekends) on time-sensitive special projects for executives and sales.