Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: The Admission Director is responsible for managing the customer flow, admissions process and marketing program for the center. Responsibilities include guiding marketing program for healthcare services which assures: strong customer, referrer, and payor satisfaction; appropriate market penetration; positive public image; maximization of center profitability and census goals.
1. Assess inquiries when necessary and respond to referrers within one hour whenever possible, facilitates admission decision and ensures positive admission experience for customer and family;
2. Meets census goals by working with the center's interdisciplinary team and Network entities to coordinate customer flow into and through the nursing center;
3. Ensure an immediate response to phone, fax, and walk-in inquiries and referrals;
4. Coordinates tour, application, and sales process with customers, families and referrers, either personally or with appropriate back-up systems;
5. Ensures proper completion, signing and distribution of paperwork;
6. Meets with family and customers on day of admission and ensures appropriate preparation of room and introduction to nursing staff on unit;
7. Communicates admission criteria to referral sources, customers and families;
8. Ensures comprehensive gathering and documentation of customer data which will enhance appropriate placement within the Network;
9. Maintains thorough knowledge of medical, social and financial information relating to ElderCare;
10. Conducts follow-up on all inquiries which have not yet been converted to admissions;
11. Works with Administrator and appropriate staff to ensure consistent, effective admissions, discharge and transfer meetings;
12. Maintains statistics indicating customer flow, pending and lost inquiries, denials, hospital discharges and marketing activity; submit to corporate office;
13. Nurtures referral relationships through and aggressive, customer-oriented admissions process;
14. Develops and maintains referral base;
15. Works to initiate, nurture and maintain contacts with physicians, social workers, and discharge planners as valued customers to maximize referrals and facilitate admissions;
16. Stays abreast of services available within the center and through the Network in order to serve as liaison with the center to hospital discharge planners, utilization review nurses, physicians, and other professionals to assist in efficient use of center and alternate care setting within the Network;
17. Provides information to referral sources of customer's progress as appropriate;
18. Identifies and facilitates marketing opportunities for referring hospitals and physicians, as it relates to individual center as well as center clusters; work with Administrator and Regional marketing to follow-up, as needed;
19. Develops and implements long-range and short-term marketing plans;
20. Coordinates and participates in presentations about the center or other appropriate healthcare topics to hospitals, physicians, and other potential referral sources;
21. Works with Administrator to ensure customer satisfaction and to assess/respond to customer satisfaction surveys;
22. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
23. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
24. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of three (3) years experience in a healthcare setting.
2. Minimum of two (2) years college education in the field of health care administration, business management, and/or marketing or public relations preferred.