Our client is a market leader that is headquartered in Atlanta and has locations nationwide. They specialize in providing products, services and support to consumers and business alike. Their back-office operations are essential to the ongoing development and efficiency of the operation and they have a need for an Accounting Manager to join their team. The Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting for the core business of the company in the U.S. and Canada. This individual is responsible for the accuracy of the overall financial information being recorded in the general ledger.
No relocation, local candidates only.
Essential duties will include:-
- Planning and executing the month end close process
- Review the monthly profit and loss statements; verify accuracy of the accounting entries
- Monitor and review policies and verify the are in compliance with GAAP.
- Review account reconciliations to verify compliance with Finance Account Rec Standards
- Extensive involvement with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance team ; review and compliance certification of accounting procedures.
- Supervise team of 5-6 Senior Accountants and a staff of 20 accountants.
- Typically reports to Director of Finance.
- Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting.
- 6+ years of Accounting/General Ledger experience.
- Must have proven leadership skills and demonstrate the ability to promote career development of direct reports while maximizing departmental efficiency and production.
- Experience in Financial System conversion beneficial.
- Experience in planning and executing a month-end closing process for a large company
- SAP experience helpful
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Due to a planned Accounting conversion, there is a requirement for 100% travel for the first 2 months, 50% the next 2 months and minimal thereafter.