Ralph Lauren is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 40 years, Ralph Lauren’s reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
Purpose and Scope:
The District Manager is responsible for exceeding customer expectations and achieve financial goals by leading the store teams, developing best in class talent, executing best in class operations and consistently upholding brand standards. Results are achieved through maximizing productivity and profitability while delivering the highest level of integrity standards.
- Multi store responsibility, within a designated district, including brand management, financials, and development of talent to continue the success of the overall business. Includes bottom line financial responsibility for the area.
- Ensures a positive environment for both internal & external customer experience.
- Responsible for leading the General Manager of the stores within the district.
- Work with General Manager's on recruitment, selection, training and supervision of staff to maximize sales and profit performance. Included succession planning for current and future positions.
- Provide ongoing feedback regarding performance, monitor contribution results, and set consistent goals for the team.
- Responsible for Human Resources to effectively resolve behavioral and performance issues, attendance and tardiness issues through coaching and counseling.
- Oversees the execution of the organizations promotional strategies and marketing objectives.
- Regularly visits competition to maintain awareness of market trends.
- Effectively implements company policies, procedures, and programs within the area. Ensures timely, thorough, and consistent communication regarding organizational changes.
- Maintains a leadership role in establishing development plans in area.
- Builds customer relationship, focused on identifying needs and seeking feedback for improvement.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven track record in developing talent
- Minimum of 7 years of Retail Management experience with at least 5 years in a high volume environment.
- Strong business acumen and skills-set which enables the management and staff to drive business goals.
- Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using negotiation, teamwork / collaboration, motivation and staff development skills including the ability to act as role model within the organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to train and lead others and hold them accountable for results.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evenings, weekends and overnight shifts: some travel may be required.
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.