Job Summary The Engineering Designer Senior produces electrical & mechanical drawings for aircraft design & modifications. Principal Accountabilities(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment orcontract.)
- Produce, complete and finalize any and all technical drawings (electrical and mechanical) tasked per engineering’s instruction with specifications.
- Check and approve drawings created by NASA and DynCorp engineering departments.
- Interact with local vendors and suppliers as requested by the customer.
- Manage and troubleshoot 45 AutoCAD licenses for NASA & DynCorp’s engineering departments.
- Conduct system administration for Electronic Document Management database (Meridian) that implements our check in/check out and signature process of an electronic document.
- Train, manage and support all User Clients for Meridian. Oversee maintenance of User’s Manual on Meridian for the engineering department and all end users.
- Develop the Engineering Department Operations (Design) Manual that incorporates design practices, standards and procedures from both departments to ensure congruency and compliance.
- Identify and select materials needed for production.
- Improve usability of specific engineering design items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge AutoCAD software.
- Advanced skill in managing engineering electronic document management software, specifically Meridian, System Administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SolidWorks application.
Experience & Education
- Minimum eight (8) years engineering design and drafting experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years managing Engineering EDM software, specifically Meridian, System Administrator
- College coursework in AutoCAD preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification in CREO 2.0 highly preferred.
- Driver’s License required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.
- Must be able to grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 15 pounds to a height of four (4) feet and be required to lift up to 20 pounds to a height of seven (7) feet.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally