Business Data Analyst
We are looking for Business Data Analyst for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Business Data Analyst
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Scope Of The Project:
- The program management office is tasked with overseeing the delivery of IT shared services for the client agencies to support the direction for it shared services.
This project scope includes:
- Monitoring and measuring the financial status of projects and programs the PMO oversees and manages
- Developing or coordinating the development of reports on project/program status for stakeholders and other constituencies impacted by the shared services program
- Tracking costs associated with IT shared services, working with leadership to establish the basis for shared services costs and charges to state agencies
- This role will also support cost and revenue tracking, analysis of invoices generated for agencies
- Designs complex research and statistical studies from the hypothesis development stage through the final analysis and presentation of findings.
- Interprets existing trends in program area; forecast future trends for policy implementation.
- Develops statistical models; develops and refines techniques for computer analysis and presentation of data.
- Prepares charts, tables or other graphic presentations as well as narrative reports.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- This implementation assistance would include, but is not limited to:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Required skills (rank in order of importance):
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (excel, spss, sas etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Business intelligence developer with hands-on experience in data warehouses and bi to design and develop business reports, dashboards with SAP business objects.
- Expert in designing business objects universe(s).
- Should be able to recommend data warehouse designing
- Experienced in requirement gatherings from business and create the specs for development of universe design/WEBI.
Preferred skills (rank in order of importance):
- Work with cross functional business and it teams of business analysts, data modelers, solution architects, DBA’s and project managers during all SDLC phases
- Translates functional requirements into technical specifications. Performs code walkthroughs and formal reviews
- Participate in production, off-hours and weekend support
- Create and follow processes, procedures and best practices
- Experience in developing re-usable frame-work and components
- Experience in tuning performance of dashboard and sql
- Experienced in understanding the flow of data between source and target database, data analysis and analytical skill
- Strong understanding of dimensional & relational data models.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management Or Statistics Or Related Field.
- 10 years’ of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Minimum 7 years of experience hands on experience in developing dashboards and reports