Business Development Manager, RFID / Intelligent Labels
Avery Dennison is seeking Business Development Manager to join the Marketing - Intelligent Label / RFID team. A key aspect of this role will be working closely with label converter customers to develop and close new business, and will engage and travel to key value chain partners for the purpose of identifying, evaluating and executing joint Intelligent Label business opportunities. This individual plays a lead role in the development of strategic and tactical business plans to accelerate the growth of Avery’s Intelligent Label business. This individual has very strong technical and business skills with extensive experience in the pressure sensitive label and RFID industry .
This position can operate remotely.
In your role as Business Development Manager, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
● Develop tactical business plans and execute a significant change in the growth trajectory in Intelligent Label.
● Develop relationships with strategic partners, converters and end users based on strategy and key growth targets. Includes travel, training on pressure sensitive and RFID materials, application recommendations and specification, qualification and trials, and end-user new business development.
● Identify and close new opportunities for growth. Execute while continuously growing a pipeline for joint future business opportunities.
● Leverage industry expertise, relationships, portfolio knowledge and the Intelligent Label value proposition to fully qualify and execute opportunities.
● Identify target end-users, build new relationships and quickly drive to unmet customer needs, working to identify products and processes needed to meet those needs.
● Provide ongoing gap and competitive analysis to identify new growth opportunities and execute plans to capitalize on these opportunities.
● Develop strong internal relationships within the Avery Dennison organization and the LPM-NA Intelligent Label team.
● Work with product management and extended internal team to ensure appropriate product portfolio and positioning for the sub-segments.
● Develop and conduct compelling product and value proposition training for internal and external customers. Act as voice of customer for all external sales championing the resource needs of the external market.
● Support market/product development initiatives including training, customer trials, promotional activities, trade shows.
● Bachelor’s Degreerequired. Technical degreepreferred. MBA preferred.
● Minimum 9 years experience selling, marketing and developing Intelligent Label, RFID or related industrial products
● Must be able to champion business between end users and their converters. This will require excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
● Strong track record in transforming growth businesses, resulting in “step change” commercial success and target execution.
● Trained in Design For Six Sigma and/or Opportunity Analysis. Proficient in assessing customer needs
● Experience with product development & product commercialization processes
● Strong financial skills and business acumen.
● Knowledgeable on conducting market and territory analysis and planning
● Ability to influence outcomes and effectively negotiate
● Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
● Project management and organizational skills
● Self-starter and collaborative team player. Self-motivated with high level of energy, ability to work with limited supervision and demonstrate business maturity in areas of decision-making and conflict resolution.
● Must be able to champion business between end users and their converters. This will require excellent organizational and people skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
● Experience in strategic leadership and negotiation. Established track record for achieving challenging goals.
● Proficient in Google Platform, MS Office, SalesForce.com or similar sales tool.
● Ability to understand what customer’s value and to identify/execute logistics strategies that enhance the division’s capabilities to deliver that value