Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety.If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, Security and Parking, you will provide operational and strategic direction, and be responsible for leading the development, implementation and monitoring of Facilities Services goals and objectives; performing human resources, financial, planning and quality management responsibilities. You have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of budgeting, cost control and planning of support services operations, as well as broad industry knowledge and experience. Taking a proactive approach, you will continuously address Facilities Services issues and opportunities in keeping with a dynamic and fast growing health care facility. An energetic, strategic thinker, you have the ability to work in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure safe, healthy and environmentally sensitive services
- Ensures the hospital facilities meet the legislated requirements of medical, mechanical, electrical and emergency response system repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that hospital facilities provide a safe and healthy physical environment for all patients staff and visitors.
- Collaborates at the corporate level to identify key issues impacting staff at the professional, hospital, unit and individual level; identifies elements that are common among all divisions and groups, determines what factors are driving the issues and develops action plans and strategies for influencing and managing decision making at the divisional level.
- Collaborates with executive team members to ensure that standards are consistent and integrated across and with operational and other hospital programs and services.
- Oversees the strategic planning and operation processes for Facilities; develops Strategic Facilities Management Plan to ensure an effective and efficient priority planning process; monitors progress towards the achievement of goals at regular intervals and takes action, as required.
- Leads and facilitates the development of the annual operating plan for Facilities in collaboration with executive team; develops staff utilization plans to ensure adequate level of mix of human resources to expected plan and achieve required service outcomes; ensure adequate level of capital and financial resources are in place.
- Creates and reviews proposals for new projects and initiatives, as applicable; collaborating with the Director, Redevelopmentto ensure successful implementation of design.
- Collaborates with Director of Redevelopment and Director of Corporate Services to ensure constructive and unified approach to achieving overall THP as well as departmental vision.
- Coaches and mentors managers on aspects of strategic planning and goal setting.
- Completion of post-secondary inEngineering, Management or related fields required. Education in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineeringpreferred
- Minimum 5 years years management/leadership experience in Facilities management, in a large, unionized, Health Care related environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical building systems and operations
- Sound knowledge of legislative requirements and standards for healthcare facilities (Ontario Building Code, Canadian Standards Association, etc.)
- Expertise in budgeting, cost-control, and financial management and planning with a commitment to constantly improving services and programs within Trillium Health Partner’s busy and fast growing community
- Exceptional team building, analytical, writing and presentation skills as well as a demonstrated ability to lead people, accomplish identified as well as new goals and objectives to achieve desired outcomes.
- General knowledge and experience of codes, standards and practices relating to infection control, medical waste management, food services, and other support services
- Excellent organizational, project management, partnership building and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a dynamic team of professionals and otherinternal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer working knowledge, particularly of MS Office applications, etc.
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
System ID 2017-8207