Under general direction, the Operations TradeSupport Assistant Manager is responsible for resolving complex work issues, answering questions, and escalating problems to the Manager, as needed. The Assistant Manager ensures the department balances and resolves all fixed income transactions for the firm, training of new associates, maintaining department statistical information and providing operational support to the sales liaisons, trading desks and external money managers. Basic understanding of Regulatory TradeReporting such as TRACE and MSRB is required including the use of Bloomberg and MBS processing on APPIX. The Assistant Manager role also includes the oversight of projects, new products or other new developments.
- Leads in a proactive, responsive manner that is consistent with the firm’s vision, mission, and values. Identifies and reports to the Manager any non-compliance with department, firm or industry requirements.
- Responds to escalated inquiries from sales liaisons, traders, and money managers by phone and email.
- Oversee the balancing of weekly suspense and trade exceptions that exist after settlement date.
- Determines various needs/requirements, solicits feedback and makes appropriate adjustments. Consults with Manager to identify and document business requirements.
- Researches feasibility of various methodologies for improved procedures. Makes recommendations to streamline and automate current processing. Assists with the development of department procedures. Works on special assignments and reports progress to management.
- Ensures employee awareness of and compliance with requirements relative to financial disclosure and standards of ethical behavior.
- Organizes and assigns department duties. Assists with training and cross-training of associates. Assists associates with resolution of difficult problems as needed. Ensures tasks are completed within established timeframes.
- Identifies and reports workplace conflicts at their earliest stages.
- Maintains, files, and reports weekly and monthly statistical information for the department.
- Assists other areas of the department with various functions when volume is high or staffing levels are down. May assist the Manager in the hiring process.
- Makes timely decisions to manage rejects and errors with the objective of minimizing overall market risk for the firm.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Familiar with NYSE, FINRA and SEC regulations applicable to the department.
- Able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks working under tremendous pressure with a sense of urgency during extreme market conditions are also a must.
- Knowledge of brokerage trading procedures and systems such as BETA, Fidessa, and BondDesk and understanding and using proper terminology.
- Effective communication skills and able to relay information well in both written and verbal form.
- Solid and reliable mathematical skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, maturity, intellectual curiosity, initiative and good judgment; Good interpersonal interaction and able to work well with others.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
5+ years related experience
LICENSES & CREDENTIALS
Series 7 & 63