Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a team that develops and writes all custom code with new and older programming languages? If so, this position might be perfect for you! This team is part of Banking Operations where all in-house and outsourced customers are being provided development and support of one of JHA’s high-profile core system platforms. You will be part of a team of 13 team members who work at various JHA locations who are specifically responsible for various technical support and development of applications, testing, delivering software and custom coding. Candidates in this role would be part of an environment that primarily writes and develops custom code for JHA’s core platform Silverlake, utilizing RPG programming.
Candidates must be able to work an on-call rotational schedule to accommodate growing business needs. Jack Henry offers a great work life balance, comprehensive benefits package and career advancement!
- Minimum of six years of experience in any programming language.
- Must be able to and willing to work an on-call rotational schedule.
- Bachelor’s DegreePreferred
- 2+ years of programming experiencepreferred; with an emphasis in RPG programming.
- Develops programming code for new and/or existing software enhancements.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures and prepares flowcharting.
- Troubleshoots and debugs existing code.
- Tests code and fixes to ensure quality.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Keeps customers informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes; may assist the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Creates all programming documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates. Interacts with customers to gather system requirements.
- Serves as project lead on complex projects.
- Mentors, trains, develops and provides support to less experienced co-workers.