Job Description Summary: Direct supervision of the work planning group including scheduling and assignment of all types of maintenance and capital work, such as service abandonments, service replacements, and leak repair, for Washington Gas and contractor crews to consolidate the activities required to maintain the facilities at specific locations. Oversee DIMP special project work for a particular region on WG's transmission and distribution pipeline system. Assist the CLDP program on the transfer of knowledge for the Field Operations area. Assist with process reviews to identify areas of improvement and the development of related training material. Assist Station Manager and Supervisors with various tasks and projects that will contribute to the elaboration of this position and support this person in this role in preparing for future responsibilities and advancement.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Supervise the daily activities of the Field Operations Clerks responsible for workload planning, scheduling and related functions necessary to prepare work for field execution, including, but not limited to the developing work requests, permit application/verification, job packets preparation, and coordination of field support functions.
• Assist the supervisor of the CLDP program including identification of appropriate planned maintenance and leak repair work for assignment to the CLDP program.
• Coordinate overflow of immediate/emergency response activities and oversees the assignment and distribution of work among maintenance and CLDP crews.
• Assist in determining training needs and the development of technical training material including facilitating training classes and other learning activities.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Field Operations in all aspects of SAP, Work Manager, Asset Manager and Web Portal.
• Utilize the work management system, SAP, Web Work Manager and Smallworld to manage resources, permits and facilitate tasks that are assigned to Washington Gas and contractor crews.
• Audit field activities of contractors in the area of safety compliance, new technologies, customer services and monitors contractor adherence to codes and standards.
• Assist Field Operations Manager in day to day operations, performs duties of the field supervisors as needed, including assisting field personnel with problems and responding to gas outages, leaks, CO investigations and other emergencies as needed.
• Actsas Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides technical support to employees, including safety, pipeline safety, environmental and other compliance programs.
• Perform as needed reviews and approve daily, weekly, monthly, and annual job schedules in the Washington Gas work management system to maintain compliance and coordinate with the planned work, in other systems such as SAP.
• Routinely review and finalize the work planning requirements with the station manager, supervisors, and scheduler planner.
• Help, develop measure, document, and report related to maintenance, compliance, resource utilization/ productivity, and performance.
• Modify system parameters such as time estimates, job skill profiles, procedures, priorities, compatible units, etc.
• Provide support to employees, including safety, pipeline safety, environmental and other compliance programs.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 5 years of expertise in the utilities, project management, work planning/scheduling and contractor fields required.
• Demonstrated ability working with SAP, Smallworld, Work Manager, Asset Manager, Web Portal and Web Extender/Application and SQL query tools.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, for data management, research and reporting purposes.
• Knowledge of Oracle, SAS, SQL, and SQL/PL preferred.
• Knowledge of customer premise orders, field operations, construction, gas distribution, heating and air conditioning, pipe work, electrical wiring and controls, venting and ventilation, and the workings of gas equipment preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, reconciling conflicting goals and priorities and leading projects to completion.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data, and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, peers, and customers.
• Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing tasks.
Auto req ID1239BR