Organization Name308 Minor Procedure Kits & Trays
Human Resources Manager
Provides HR support to a specific grouping of distribution centers (DC) or manufacturing facilities (MF) through a team of HR Generalist and HR Administrators. Aligned to support General Managers and Provider Services for an assigned group of distribution centers or manufacturing facilities. Provides consultation and collaboration in all functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to team management, staffing, employee relations, regulatory compliance, etc. and in conjunction with specialist teams (compensation, benefits, training, and recruiting) as required. Assists the HR Business Partner in delivering services and strategies tailored to the region, effecting change to achieve company goals while ensuring adherence to corporate HR policies, procedures and programs. Identifies and acts on trends/exceptions relating to local issues, needs and concerns utilizing appropriate resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Supports leaders up to the General Manager level at multiple sites (minimum of two); partners with DC/MF management on business expansions, acquisitions, and location closings that may affect assigned locations; works closely with the management team in formulating/implementing HR and business strategies (i.e., resource allocation, quality initiatives and organizational effectiveness).
- 2. Provides input to overall HR strategies and helps to develop local strategies that comply with corporate programs and meet organizational developmental issues; works with the Global Staffing and Organizational Effectiveness team to deliver organization design (to include workforce realignments, downsizing, etc.), succession planning, training and development activities, performance management and other pertinent related issues.
- 3. Manages and develops team of HR Generalists and Administrators.
- 4. Acts as a teammate advocate for both the individual and team to local and Home Office leadership; travels to each assigned facility routinely to develop relationships with teammates; identify concerns, and identify thematic issues.
- 5. Serves as a liaison between teammates and O&M Management; promotes and fosters "open door" culture.
- 6. Responsible for the problem resolution of issues in the following areas: affirmative action/EEOC, performance management, placement/outplacement assistance, benefits and compensation.
- 7. Provides individual coaching/counseling to all teammates using conflict resolution and mediation techniques, intervention and change management strategies as circumstances dictate. Refers teammates to the appropriate resources/services, as required.
- 8. Ensures understanding and compliance with company culture, policy, and employment law; acts decisively to resolve high risk employee relations issues.
- 9. Coaches managers on the O&M corrective action process: ensures terminations are fair and reasonable; conducts thorough and timely investigations. Conducts complaint/charge investigations and resolution process. Prepares case documentation for review by Home Office HR and Legal Department. Recommends alternate solutions and ensures consideration of past practice/precedent Company policies, regional objectives/goals and utilization/availability.
- 10. Assists in representing the Company in civil and EEOC charges. Communicates implements and administers company policies/procedures in the areas of affirmative action, benefits, and compensation, training, employment/outplacement and quality initiatives to meet the business goals
- 11. Assess and improve the management of human capital in areas of leadership, learning, communication, and collaboration. Provide written assessments with specific action items for improvement. Implements recommendations to effect change; conducts post intervention follow-up and review.
- 12. Acts as information link to ensure teammates are aware of and are utilizing O&M benefits and programs; identifies trends in teammates concerns or needs and provide feedback to Home Office HR to improve programs.
- 13. Assists Legal Department, Home Office and Management on collective bargaining issues including avoidance strategies and National Labor Review Board compliance.
- 14. Negotiates with other areas of the Company representing the needs of the region for support/services based on unique and specific needs. Develops/performs needs assessments for such requests based on schedules, availability or resources and time constraints.
- 15. Oversees HR administrative compliance at assigned locations.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1. Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 2. Seven plus years of Human Resource's work experience
- 3. Previous supervisory experience required
- 4. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1. Proficient in HR theories and in one or more specialty/core areas (i.e., compensation, affirmative action, placement or training)
- 2. Strong business acumen
- 3. Utilizes advisory, negotiating and influencing skills skillfully
- 4. Strong presentation skills with all level of teammates
- 5. Proficient in all types of communication
- 6. Strong knowledge of company policies/procedures, affirmative action, performance management, workforce realignment, employment, compensation, and organizational design
- 7. Strong planning and organizational skills
- 8. Ability to analyze and conclude
- 9. Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- 10. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 11. Must deal with confidential issues in a sensitive manner
- 12. Possess professional demeanor
- 13. Strong problem solving ability
- 14. Customer service oriented
- 15. Must have the ability to be flexible
- 16. General knowledge of labor laws and HR related domestic rules and regulations
- 17. Solid PC skills