Senior Software Engineer / Back End Systems Architect
This role is for a hands-on coder/architect, you will be involved in all aspects of development of Lastline's product backend and infrastructure. You will be architecting, designing, and implementing new functionality as well improving our codebase. You will be reviewing code and mentoring junior developers. You will interface and collaborate with other development teams.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of development of Lastline's product backend andinfrastructure. You will be implementing new functionality as well as maintaining and improving our codebase. You will be involved in thearchitecture and design of our software andinfrastructure to help insure that our systems can remain maintainable and healthy as they grow in complexity and scale. You will be reviewing code and mentoring juniordevelopers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent coding skills.
- Desire and experience in writing high quality software.
- Interest and experience in modern software architecture and design.
- Experience building complex, scalable software systems.
- Experience with Python and SQL.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as direct and review the work of others.
- Desire to participate in code reviews.
- BSCS or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of commercial software development experience.
- Comfortable using version control systems such as Git.
- Comfortable working in Linux.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
The following skills and experience are not required but will strengthen a candidate’s position:
- Experience in Cyber Security.
- Experience with NoSQL and bigdata technology such as Cassandra, Spark, Elasticsearch, Ceph.
- Experience with puppet, chef or similar languages.
- Familiarity with rabbitmq, graphite, logstash, protobuf, gitlab, gerrit, jenkins, JIRA.
- Experience with deb (Debian/Ubuntu) packages or similar systems.