In collaboration with the DSS Director and IT&S Partners, the DSS Business IntelligenceDeveloper/Analyst:
- Assists in establishing a vision for the reporting, analytical, and business intelligence infrastructure of the division and the DSS department.
- Executes directives and successfully manages concurrent high priority projects.
- Evaluate, analyze, and manage the development of databases, web reporting, and business intelligence infrastructure for the HCA Austin and El Paso Markets.
- Develop key relationships and contacts within the Partnership, Division and Company.
- Researches, understands, and explains healthcare service volume, utilization, revenue and profitability to key stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with DSS and IT&S team to understand the needs for information and the business requirements for various reporting needs in support of sources from Meditech, HCA financial systems, and various clinical and non-clinical applications
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements, design and developing reporting solutions utilizing Business Intelligence Applications: Tableau, Microstratgy, PowerBI, QlikView/QlikSense, etc reporting tools.
- Translating requirements from the DSS into actionable and effective reports using Business Intelligence reporting product.
- Generates and extract transform and load data based on the requirements from disparate data sources utilizing industry standard methods. Such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, dmxExpress, SSIS or other leading ETL solutions.
- Maintains Share Point Services including portal setup and maintenance, document lists, and customized web parts
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Development of new functionality or enhancements to existing reporting applications to support business objectives.
- Create documentation, including source-to-target mappings and business-driven transformation rules.
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or above, SQL Language (ANSI SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL), Microsoft Analyst Services, Microsoft Report Server, SSRS, , Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Visual Basic and Relational Databases skills. (Exposure to otherdatabase systems including Teradata and DB2 and software including VisualStudio, Business Objects, DocuDirect / DocuAnalyzer, and Red Gate is highly desirable).
- Proficiency QlikView/QlikSense reporting tool. Optional Tableau reporting skills.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of reporting approaches and techniques, advanced reasoning and math skills
- Detailed oriented and analytical with good organization skills.
- Relationship/Interpersonal Skills - demonstrated ability to build relationships and to work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Adaptability – Ability to manage many complex projects simultaneously in team environment. Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Ability to work successfully in a highly complex organization with matrix reporting relationships.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time. Able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Communication – Communicate clearly (written, verbal, and presentation), proactively, and concisely with all key stakeholders, customers, and staff.
- Customer orientation - Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Managing Conflict – Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Stress Tolerance – Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Organization - Proactively prioritize efforts and have keen ability to multi-task.
- Project management – Strong project management skills; ability to coordinate and manage complex project, including applying defined project controls to identify, communicate, and manage project scope, goals, project plan, and project progress/performance.
(Minimum amount of specifically related experience which is required to perform the role at this level. 3 Years
Other preferred experience:
Candidates should have at least three (3) years of business intelligence report creation, and three (3) years of extracting data from relational database systems. (Two (2) years of experience in healthcare IT/DSS experience in a multi-site healthcare environment highly desirable). EDUCATION (Minimum formal academic training which typically provides the knowledge and skills necessary for successful job performance. College Graduate Required Undergrad Bachelor’s Degree in a related Information Technology or Business field Required Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health, or Information Technology preferred