The SR Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for the transformation of data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights within the Sales & Marketing Commercial Operations Division. This includes user interface design as well as other visual considerations such as typography, user experience design and visual art design. This role will work closely with the Data Modeler to interpret the results of predictive and prescriptive data models and translate the data into a readily digestible format that results in actionable insights. The SR Business Intelligence Analyst will also be responsible for managing and prioritizing multiple projects for the appropriate business unit; defining, implementing, and communicating tactics for achieving business intelligence objectives; and evaluating business Intelligence tools.
The SR Business Intelligence Analyst will function as the lead across all Insight Teams defining best practices for the visualization and presentation of insights and deliverables.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analytics: Define Optimal Delivery Platform
- Interface with business users to define requests and/or pain points
- Determine format of delivery that will maximize usefulness to the business, to include charts, tables, PDFs, Power Points, and interactive tools
- Assist in developing best practices for data presentation and sharing across the organization
- Recommend analytical processes or tools to increase the effectiveness of this role
- Demonstrates ability to know and understand the audience and the information the audience needs
- Analytics: Develop Visualizations
- Conceptualize, design and develop data visualization solutions that synthesize complex data concepts into clear communications for Sales and Marketing Leadership and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with Data Architect, Data Modeler and subject matter experts to identify useful and strategically relevant insights.
- Analytics: Present Findings
- Share results with business users
- Assist in business efforts to derive action items from results
- Analytics: Business Subject Matter Expert
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their strategy.
- Facilitate the communication and translation of business user requirements and solutions between the customer community (internal and external customers) and internal IT.
- Assist stakeholders to diagnose problems and understand business needs.
- Present and facilitate meetings adapting content to the different audiences.
- Establish open, transparent communication on a one-on-one basis.
- Manage different stakeholders and influence behaviors related to the use of the information by communicating success, concerns, risks, and status updates on related work.
- Collaborate with peers to share learnings, core processes, systems, and best practices.
- Cultivate teamwork by facilitating cross department communication.
- Communicate issues or outages as outlined in the Data Governance program utilizing a data steward alert.
- Strategic Projects:
- Participate in projects or sub teams as needed to execute objectives.
- Support a project contract or charter or plan to include but are not limited to: executive summary, objectives, scope, timeline, milestones, deliverables, organization, impacts, benefits, cost, assumptions, risks, and leadership approvals.
- Utilize agile project methodology to include kick off, requirements, alpha, beta, final review, and user acceptance testing.
- Direct cross functional strategic initiatives related to data quality and integrity, lead and execute data investigations, and recommend process improvements across governed processes.
- Provide strategic direction that will lead to improved operating efficiencies and enhanced user experience.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Utilize resources such as consultants and third party vendors for the execution of objectives.
- Build relationships with stakeholders.
- Influence stakeholders and business partners to support vision and solutions.
- Data Stewardship:
- Actively support all aspects of the BIVI Data Governance Program.
- Identify causes of poor data quality management, implement solutions and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
- Ensure processes adhere to data management policy.
- Collaborate with Business Process owners and Data Stewards to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems.
- Responsible for ensuring issues and/or outages are communicated to the user community.
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g. EEO, FDA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures.
- Report all violations immediately to management.
- Document observations and provide information to management as necessary.
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts and BIVI employees.
- Bachelors’ Degree, from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
- Master’s degree, from an accredited institution in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of Animal Health industry experience and three (3) years’ experience in a related role.
- Basic knowledge of market research analytical frameworks for conducting and analyzing primary market research.
- Familiarity with modern visualization frameworks, such as Gephi, Processing, R and/or D3.js.
- Proficiency in visualization and analytic tools including Tableau, Qlik, and Cognos.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- A strong understanding of typography and how it can affect visualizations as well as layout, space and an inherent feel for motion.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Applications or similar tools.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices, and standards including knowledge and use of Animal Health or Pharma data and basic working knowledge of industry practices.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas, facts, and technical information to senior management, as well as other internal customers both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work with other disciplines.
- Models willingness to learn and stay up-to-date.
- Ability to train user groups and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and coordinate efforts with colleagues from several functional areas.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in the fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas, facts, and technical information to management, as well as other internal customers both verbally and written.
- Demonstrates acceptable level of performance for all Analyst III competencies
- History of successful performance.
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18years of age or older