Our client is a growing international BPO with 8,000 employees, with accounting staff in multiple international locations.
This is a virtual/remote position. Preference is Washington, D.C. area, but client will look at otherlocations, as fit is more important.
Our client is a growing international BPO, with accounting staff in multiple international locations.
This is a virtual/remote position. Preference is Washington, D.C. area, but client will look at otherlocations such as Philadelphia, Atlanta, etc., as fit is more important.
The Vice President, Financial Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financialreports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and International Financial Reporting Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Work with outsourced functions and ensure division of work is appropriate
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Ensure that accounts payable are managed and paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly
- Account for payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements for management and external stakeholders
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit, and ensure the audited financial statements, made in accordance with both US GAAP and IFRS, are prepared and issued within stated timelines
- Comply with local government reporting requirements and tax filings
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate is currently a Controller, VP Finance or VP Accounting, or has similar experience in a service company with $100 Million+ in annual revenue.
· Minimum 12years of relevant experience
· Qualified CPA
· US GAAP and IFRS knowledge, with sound experience in working with multi-jurisdiction consolidation under both accounting standards
· Thorough knowledge of financing and accounting principles, processes, practices and theory
· Background in external audit, especially from a Big 4 accounting firm
· Sound knowledge of statutory compliance and tax compliance is highly advantageous
· Candidate must be prepared to work with teams based offshore