Organizational Strategy / Management
- Partner with leadership team members to assess the effectiveness of the organization’s leadership, communication, and organizational design and implementation.
- Partner with HR leadership and senior leadership to develop functional /commercial objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM’s) that drive business strategy
- Facilitate organizational discussions (e.g. employee movement, department re-organizations., organizational structure and existing organizational capabilities).
- Provide expert knowledge in developing and implementing solutions designed to address the needs and issues of internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with HR leadership to administer the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning (HRP) processes; ensures integration of HRP into performance management and staffing decisions for high potential employees and senior management.
- Suggest new approaches, policies and procedures that effect continuous improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Talent Management / Development
- Participate in recruitment efforts including writing job descriptions and job postings, participating in the interview process and offering suggestions / recommendations to hiring managers.
- Collaborate with the talent acquisition department, the compensation department and hiring managers to facilitate the job offer process.
- Conduct career coaching sessions; creates employee development plans and monitors the progress of the employee.
- Participate in the development and management of the corporate Performance Incentive Program (PIP) and the Annual Salary Planning process; collaborates with the compensation department to drive the program and process.
- Develop and deliver training courses for managers and employees.
- Participate in the management and implementation of the Performance Appraisal process and instructs leaders on how to handle performance issues (includes documentation assistance and legal review).
- Recommend changes to existing HR system dynamics.
- Perform investigations relating to employee issues and claims (hourly and salaried); makes recommendations on next steps and appropriate discipline; supports management high level investigations.
- Support the completion and processing of payroll as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Support corporate diversity initiatives to include community and educational involvement.
What You Need
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8years of resources generalist/representative experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or Psychology.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with unions.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting the most complex documents.
- Experienceresponding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Experience effectively presenting information to customers, employees or management within an organization.
- Experience working on special projects.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in interpersonal communication and customer service.
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes.
- Experience engaging, inspiring, and influencing people.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.