Senior Infrastructure and Reliability Engineer
Workiva Site Reliability Engineers architect, implement, and support our solutions across Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform-based application infrastructure. Our company is built entirely on the cloud, and we are looking for motivated individuals to help us succeed in leveraging the cloud to its fullest.
Workiva fosters an innovative and team-oriented culture. We encourage autonomy while providing a fun and energetic working environment along with many opportunities to develop mastery in areas about which you are passionate. Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) are dedicated to understanding the needs of our customers and the benefits our software provides to them and their organization. Our Engineers play an integral part in monitoring and maintaining our cutting edge, cloud native, highly scalable, and highly available environment for the current and next generation of Workiva’s disruptive business productivity solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in a rotation of 75% infrastructure software development and 25% operations. A portion of the operations rotation will consist of being on-call.
- Architect, implement, and supportinfrastructure tooling and services in AWS.
- Develop standards and procedures to maintain consistent practices for administration of production applications and systems.
- Collaborate and consult with development teams and support engineers to resolve critical issues and assist in design decisions regarding cloud technologies and best practices.
- Work with cloud vendors and external technical support on upgrades, problem resolution, and design issues.
- Monitor, maintain, and enhance diverse systems to ensure optimal performance and availability of cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Be exposed to an exciting variety of languages, operating systems, virtualization and cloud technologies, system and design architectures, networking infrastructure, big data and most of the other cutting edge buzzwords. Did we mention containers?
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Ability to quickly triage problems, identify root causes, and drive issue resolution
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- Insatiable appetite for free soda, freshly-squeezed orange juice, and Starbucks coffee
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, Kinesis, ECS, Cloud Formation
- Knowledge of git, chef, and Docker
- Experience with systems performance tuning and load testing