Senior Applications Engineer – AWS Cloud Engineer – Enterprise Practice
Customer Location: Washington, D.C. and Clarksburg, WV
Accelera Solutions, Inc., a leader in cloud and virtualization solutions is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Applications Engineer that has a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. The Senior Applications Engineer will serve as the portfolio subject matter expert (SME) for cloud enabling applications. Applications will be a mix of legacy FBI systems, as well as new development in AWS. The position will be responsible for recommending cloud enablement strategies, in conjunction withAgile & DevOps initiatives. The resultant cloud enabled applications will be deployed into AWS (Amazon) GovCloud instance with a small percentage lift-and-shifted into the Amazon’s Commercial Cloud instance.
The Senior Applications Engineer will be required to work autonomously in driving cloud-enablement within the project. The Senior Applications Engineering Position is responsible for development & implementation of cloud enabling legacy applications. This individual will be required to work between FBI HQ/surrounding Virginia area and the FBI CJIS facility in Clarksburg, WV.
Accelera is a solution provider focused on delivering virtualization and cloud solutions to federal and commercial customers. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for technology and a dedicated drive that can help us create and deliver innovative solutions to our customers. Come join our team of talented people and grow your career in a fun, creative, and innovative culture.
- Provide guidance of the strategic direction and roadmaps related to taking FBI systems/applications/services to the Amazon GovCloud instance
- Consult/Assist FBI Project-level application development teams for AWS migrations
- Develop guidelines for IaaS-oriented development and implementations
- For legacy application, practices to also include identification of FBI applications in the portfolio that are cloud-ready and represent the highest customer value migrating to AWS
- Position will also collaborate with FBI teams and communicate recommendations regarding applications forecasts
- Identify application gaps and make recommendations to FBI management
- Perform application discovery and provide analysis of the tools required to complete the discovery
- Deliver application discovery templates and portfolio gap assessment reports
- Act as an escalation point / SME for AWS related technical issues and decisions
- Act in a "Trusted Advisor" role for our Federal customer to foster a long-term relationship
- Identify and develop new opportunities within the customer environment where they can continue to scale the cloud environment
- Maintain technical certifications as required by the organization
**Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance**
- Deep understanding of the AWS security offerings and experiencesupporting a shared responsibility model
- Must be able to function with limited direction and guidance and be able to diagnose a wide variety of problems.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, demonstrate leadership skills and be able to mentor FBI personnel both technically and follow established business practices and guidelines
- Expertise in Red Hat, Ubuntu and CentOS operating systems
- Expertise in Windows operating systems
- Experience with overarching AWS Network Design including the usage of Transit Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs), overarching VPC design
- Familiar with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases
- Hands-on experience with AWS GovCloud
- Create automated processes using well-known languages and frameworks
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience with automation tools including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and others
- Experience with security concepts / best practices
- BS / CS or equivalent and possess 5+ years’ experience in Subject Matter Expertise for developing cloud enabled applications including, but not limited to:
- AWS DevOps Engineer Certification preferred
- Strong presentation, executive client management, and business development skills along with ability to create concise documentation for both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Thorough understanding of Government procurement policies and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to newtechnologies and learnquickly.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects